Page 129 of 131 FirstFirst ... 2979119124125126127128129130131 LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,580 of 2602
    Yes! That worked! Thanks Old Hatch!
    no problem

It also works to rename any program to whatever you like.

like "moepaint" to plain "paint" etc.
    this is probably a stupid question since there is over a thousand responses in this thread, but I was wondering if anyone could give me the quick run down of how to get all of these cool custom icons on my phone. i have the palm centro, and have just finished installing treo launcher. it says that i have no icons cached. I have downloaded some of the icon files to my memory card, and see them in my picture (media) app.

Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by rj187_2001 View Post
    this is probably a stupid question since there is over a thousand responses in this thread, but I was wondering if anyone could give me the quick run down of how to get all of these cool custom icons on my phone. i have the palm centro, and have just finished installing treo launcher. it says that i have no icons cached. I have downloaded some of the icon files to my memory card, and see them in my picture (media) app.

Thank you!

You'll need to create a folder on your card entitled "Icon" and place the .bmp or .gif files there. Then load the icons into the cache by toggling "Icons" under the "Launcher" drop-down. Good luck. (I'm pretty sure that the Icon folder you create goes in the DCIM folder on your card.) Good luck! I think Treo Launcher is a very nice program.
    I have a Sprint Centro and just upgraded the phone software to version 1.7...and now my Treo Launcher won't 'stick'. I've re-installed Launcher, made sure that 'Set as Default Launcher' is checked...and still have this problem. Everytime I switch to a different program and then go back to the 'home' page, the system launcher is there.

Anyone have any ideas? Does anyone have File Z? Could you tell me what settings you have for Lnchr on your Centro?

It will be a cold day before I ever upgrade my phone software again...
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrubbie View Post
    I have a Sprint Centro and just upgraded the phone software to version 1.7...and now my Treo Launcher won't 'stick'. I've re-installed Launcher, made sure that 'Set as Default Launcher' is checked...and still have this problem. Everytime I switch to a different program and then go back to the 'home' page, the system launcher is there.

Anyone have any ideas? Does anyone have File Z? Could you tell me what settings you have for Lnchr on your Centro?

It will be a cold day before I ever upgrade my phone software again...
    Use the app Destaller to delete Launcher, that way you're sure you've deleted all the databases as well. Then try re-installing it.
    I have an icon issue. Thanks to Old Hatch, I now have a large source of new icons, allowing me to customize apps I hadn't before. What I'm noticing is apps that share names share icons too. I set 2 different icons for Clock (Palmary Clock) and World Clock, but they both show the same icon. Same for 'Classics' game and 'si' app, si winds up with the same icon as Classics, even though there is an icon with 'si' as its name.
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    I have an icon issue. Thanks to Old Hatch, I now have a large source of new icons, allowing me to customize apps I hadn't before. What I'm noticing is apps that share names share icons too. I set 2 different icons for Clock (Palmary Clock) and World Clock, but they both show the same icon. Same for 'Classics' game and 'si' app, si winds up with the same icon as Classics, even though there is an icon with 'si' as its name.

I've had the same "problem" before, with both the clocks and, for example, DeluxeSudoku by Bapsoft and Sudoku Deluxeware by Deluxeware. I'm not sure you can fix it though. (Maybe the file/prc could be renamed? But w/o someone showing how to do it, I wouldn't.) I've resorted in the "clocks" case to just hide the standard one. (My reasoning: if I bought something to replace the Palm OS version then I don't need to see it...since I'm not planning on using it.) Unfortunately that doesn't resolve the "classics" cocern you have, nor my Sudoku issue, but not sure what else can be done. Anyone else?
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofdatreo View Post
    You'll need to create a folder on your card entitled "Icon" and place the .bmp or .gif files there. Then load the icons into the cache by toggling "Icons" under the "Launcher" drop-down. Good luck. (I'm pretty sure that the Icon folder you create goes in the DCIM folder on your card.) Good luck! I think Treo Launcher is a very nice program.

thanks for the help! I figured it wasnt really that hard, yet I couldnt figure it out! I thought I had to bust out the memory card reader and make a new file on the card that way. Obviously its a whole lot easier to just make a new folder in the picture app...

anyways, thanks again
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD_HATCH View Post
    no problem

It also works to rename any program to whatever you like.

like "moepaint" to plain "paint" etc.
    It looks like this is what I need to do for my icon issue, rename World Clock to something else so it doesn't share the image with Clock. Old Hatch (or anybody else who knows), how do I use PFCD to change the name?
    i have what i'm assuming is another stupid question...

I have downloaded a bunch of different icons and was able to cache them. Treo launcher automatically changed some of the icons, but not all of them...

i was wondering if i could change each applications icon manually...like the messaging..and a few others wont change..

thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by rj187_2001 View Post
    i have what i'm assuming is another stupid question...

I have downloaded a bunch of different icons and was able to cache them. Treo launcher automatically changed some of the icons, but not all of them...

i was wondering if i could change each applications icon manually...like the messaging..and a few others wont change..

thanks!
    No, manually's not an option. Check your icon filenames & make sure they're all spelled right. I think correct capitalization is required, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheker View Post
    That's what I'm telling you. I use an app named AppView for that (change app names). Actually, right now I'm looking for its website or some link to give to you.

Edit:

Here:
    Palm Boulevard: Software: Misc Applications: AppView

For you and others: I know there are other file managing apps that may be used for app-name changing, but I like AppView. BTW, it can't change names from apps in ROM.
    I downloaded AppView, and it changes the name of the app as it appears in the launcher, but the icons don't change, am I missing something? Anybody get this to work? Thanks
    I shared this message (of my icons) over at the mytreo.net forum and forgot to post it here. It is a link of the icons that I use that I would like to share.

I run TreoLauncher in '123' mode so my icons are 44x44.

Here are some examples of what they look like:

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/v...317-171150.jpg

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/v...317-171222.jpg

These are the ones that I'm using now, not all are shown above. In some cases I have as many as four or five of some icons in my arsenal, I didn't include those extras in this link, but I've found that it just depends on the background and/or other icons that are nearby that determine which ones I use. (They seem to be ever evolving.) That being said, I hope you find something you like!

Icons pictures by fanofdatreo - Photobucket

(I hope the link above works properly. There are 74 icons in total. If someone knows of a better way to do this, like where I can post a zip file or something else, please let me know. TIA!)
    Last edited by fanofdatreo; 03/29/2009 at 10:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    It looks like this is what I need to do for my icon issue, rename World Clock to something else so it doesn't share the image with Clock. Old Hatch (or anybody else who knows), how do I use PFCD to change the name?

use PFCD to pick the prc that you want and use the left side of the main screen to select a folder to send all the images to. Hit decompile. Select the .rcp file in the folder you just extracted all the images too on the right side of PFCD. In the middle of the right side there is an area to enter a name. Name it what ever you want and then hit compile.

Ive never used it to change the name because of 2 applications sharing the same name, only to rename some apps.

Let me know if it works.
    Hello,

I am using Treo Launcher (I think it's v 1.53 even though my About screen says 1.5) on a Sprint Centro.

Recently, I've noticed a marked increase in the amount of time it takes to return to the Launcher screen when I push the Home button when finished using any application. I'm not talking about the 'nag screen' that is built into Launcher...the one that reminds you that 'lnchr is shareware'. This is a blank white screen that displays between the time you hit the Home button and are actually returned to the Launcher screen.

I've used this program for about two years now, so I don't think what I'm noticing is just me going crazy, but I'd like to know if anyone else is experiencing this increased delay.

sleepy
    Lovin' my Centro...keeping an eye on the Pre.

The road of life is rocky, and you may stumble too. So while you point your finger, someone else is judging you. -- Bob Marley
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyEDB View Post
    ...I've used this program for about two years now, .....
    Obviously the nag screen doesn't work then ! Maybe this is stage 2 of the process to encourage you to purchase.
    First and foremost: I HATE custom launcher icons. They take way too much time & effort to set up for something I only see for a split-second maybe once or twice a day.

That being said: I stayed up all night converting the majority of my DarkApple Desktop theme

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...949-155536.jpg

They were kinda rushed, since half the night was spent learning different conversion methods, so they'll look like hell on a real dark wallpaper, but it was a nice learning experience.

Chances are I'll never go back & put any finishing touches on them, so if anyone wants me to zip up the whole set & perfect them, I'd be glad to post 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by fstopstigmata View Post
    First and foremost: I HATE custom launcher icons. They take way too much time & effort to set up for something I only see for a split-second maybe once or twice a day.
    I can appreciate and understand your feelings, I just don't share them.

I like the "uniformity" that can come from an icon collection. (It just looks cleaner to me.) For example...

before

vs.

after

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/v...410-122127.jpg

vs.

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/v...410-122157.jpg

or...

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/v...410-122111.jpg

vs.

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/v...410-122210.jpg

or...

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/v...410-115600.jpg

vs.

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/v...410-115840.jpg

or...

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/v...410-115704.jpg

vs.

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/v...410-115734.jpg

It's all a matter of personal preference though, and I recognize that. It certainly is a lot of working creating them -- that's for sure!

All the best!

m505->650->755p with bluetooth, VoiceDialIt, Garmin GPS, PdaReach, skinUI, FontSmoother, TAKEphONE, 4cast, 2day, 2dial, TouchLauncher, TealWheel, Chatter, OperaMini, PowerHero, Butler, NVBackup, Destaller, Apt, Warden, CardReader, pTunes, CorePlayer, Kinoma, MunduRadio, Ringo, DateBk6, HandyShpr, PktQuicken, PearPrivacy, MegaCalc&Clock, KeyCaps755, AlwaysOn, LEDOff, PhoneDisconnect, WebLinks, McPhling, PalmPDF, eReader, some phwelo stuff & nearly 30 games, due to LinkStart, w/an 8GB card.
    Okay, so I've had about a million requests for the BlackApple Icon set.. & I have the next 3 days off from work, so I promise I'll do my darndest to make a proper 2.0 set. Just keep your fingers crossed..