Page 122 of 131 FirstFirst ... 2272112117118119120121122123124125126127 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,440 of 2602
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    I've come in late to this thread and had a bit of a read, but at 121 pages it's a beast to trawl through!

I'm trying to change over from LauncherX but it's having problems. If I launch Scrabble from Treo Launcher it loads OK but freezes when I try and make a cunning move (I guess because it's not finding the database on the card), and I'm having trouble understanding how I change and create categories.

Simple advice appreciated!
    Quote Originally Posted by urban75 View Post
    I've come in late to this thread and had a bit of a read, but at 121 pages it's a beast to trawl through!

I'm having trouble understanding how I change and create categories.

Simple advice appreciated!
    Categories are handled thru the built in launcher app, Treo Launcher doesn't handle these. Menu + L to go to built in launcher.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Cheers.

Have you any idea how I get around the problem with launching apps on the memory card?
    Cheers.

Have you any idea how I get around the problem with launching apps on the memory card?
    Don't know about that one. I install all mine to main memory.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Cheers.

What is (or is not) happening?
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim View Post
    What is (or is not) happening?
    I have Scrabble installed on my Centro's memory and the database on the memory card. If I try to launch it via Treo Launcher the program opens, but then freezes the phone if it tries to to access the database (i.e. make a move which is has to check).

Same happens via the Palm Launcher, but it works fine with LauncherX.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Any ideas on this?
    Any ideas on this?
    Where on the memory card is the database (in which (sub)folder)?
    I think it has to be in /Palm/Launcher - I don't think you can put it in a subfolder of the Launcher folder, even though you have made such subfolders for your card categories.
    Last edited by rossarnie; 08/14/2008 at 03:07 PM.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Hi. The database is in Palm/Launcher.
    Not in a subfolder of that?
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    No, it's sat in the Launcher folder with loads of other files.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    I really want to use Treo launcher so I'm going to uninstall Scrabble and try again. I'll keep you guys posted!
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    @ urban: can't you just launch it via an assigned key? Then you could keep both.
    Its really best if installing applications to the memory card to use something like powerrun, which will basically move everything to ram on the fly to be run.
    Where does Scrabble want the database?
    Quote Originally Posted by Primathon View Post
    Pretty, ain't it? Here's a 1440x900 version:

http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/4...x900qh4.th.jpg

Are there anymore wall papers like these (just blank scenery???)

If so... can someone post a bunch of them???

*I hope I'm not asking for a lot*
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD_HATCH View Post
    I've been having a reset once in a while and the log says its Treolauncher. Here's what the error says:

Emul68KMain.c,Line:403,illegal instruction 00F3 at address 731D20C6
    I've been noticing some spontaneous resets of my Sprint Centro lately, and finally saw a tip about using ##377# to see what caused the last crash. In my case, the most recent one was also caused by Treo Launcher. The error is of the same type as this one OLD_HATCH posted a few months ago, but with a different instruction and address. Does anyone have more information about what might be causing this error and how to avoid it, or if an update to Treo Launcher may be coming that will fix this problem? Thanks for your help.
    I was getting random resets when I was using TreoLauncher too, and when I switched to TouchLauncher they stopped completely. I think it had to be some kind of conflict between TreoLauncher and some other app I'm running.
    Horace got a strange error today when I went into the menu in ABC mode.I went into prefs to change the icon view in ABC mode from 3 to 4. As soon as I hit the OK button after switching the icon selection my Treo 755 reset. The crash log shows the reset as caused by Treolauncher. Here is what the crash log said:

Reset caused by Treo Lnchr

Bitmap.c,Line:1406,
    BmpCreateBitmapV3:
    invalid Null argument

I know you are really busy but i hope you still check up on this thread every once in a while.

*EDIT*Got another crash while switching wallpapers in ABC mode. I switched from a jpg wallpaper to a bmp wallpaper and as soon as I selected the bmp my Treo crashed. This time there was no error recorded.*EDIT*
    Last edited by OLD_HATCH; 08/26/2008 at 06:34 PM.
    I was playing around on my Treo to fix some wallpapers to help with the top solid color bar next to the tab in TreoLauncher.

Its a quick fix for the top solid color bar where the bluetooth/radio/battery gadgets are next to the tab. Well its not really a quick fix, but a fix none the less.

My ABC mode side went from this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...826-193327.jpg

To this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...826-191352.jpg

I think it looks ten times better this way. It was all fixed from the Treo itself, no PC needed. All you really need is Mopepaint 1.1 available in the freeware section of 1src, not the downloads at mtdn. (mtdn has the newer version that expires after 2007. you have to roll back the date on your device to use that one and its a pain for me)

Basicly you start with your wallpaper load it onto moepaint and add a gradient towards the top to match whatever color the top bar is on your Treo. Moepaint only works with bmps though so if your wallpaper is a jpg you'll have to convert it.

How you ask?

Not really a problem and can be solved rather easily. Take a screenshot of your wallpaper. lol

I personally use screenshot DA but you can also use the freeware Snap. They both take screenshots in bmp format which moepaint will import.

So after that set up snap and go to the pics/videos application and find your wallpaper.select it so it takes up the whole screen push the button to activate snap. (snap only works in main memory)

Then you need to familiarize yourself with moepaint and how it works to edit the image and then exposrt it to use as a wallpaper. Its like a mini photoshop.(been said I know) Now I use skinui and thats freeware now and if you use a skin for skinui of import one from palmrevolt that doesnt use the top line across the top of the screen under the tab it will look even better. (like mine) I have also done it on the wifes Centro withou skinui to add a gradiant in the same color as the top line and looks nice as well. The harsh transition from wallpaper to line is what kills the look of Treolauncher but like I said it can be easily fixed with a small gradiant in the same color.

Anyway

Horace you think you could implement something like this?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...826-195145.jpg

I know its been said before but it would be a nice touch for treolauncher to use the palm os style of highlight for the apps.

Or if not maybe change the default one to have round edges around the words instead of just a rectangle.

Like this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...NewImage-1.jpg
    Last edited by OLD_HATCH; 08/26/2008 at 08:17 PM.