Page 121 of 131 FirstFirst ... 2171111116117118119120121122123124125126 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,420 of 2602
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Do a search for "Invisible icon project" in this thread.
    Thanks. I read that one too! Senior moment I guess... Even funnier is that I downloaded the transparent icons, but deleted the zip when I saw they were all blank!

Off to try it out. Thanks again.
    Quote Originally Posted by headgamer View Post
    Yeah I know... we keep asking for things and don't consider the time commitment needed.

I actually loved Launch Anywhere by ZZTech because it gave me access to all my apps from any program I was in without having to jump back to a launcher. The problem was that it was based on the ZLauncher kernel I guess and it would only work if ZLauncher was installed as well. ZLauncher is great and all but is becoming bloatware as it continues to increase in feature and size. I didn't like wasting all that space with ZL (I didn't use it) just to use LA.

Propel/Initiate may be nice, but all the skins are terrible.

I loved LauncherX, but the company that picked up development has done nothing with it in years, so it still looks old and stale. And because it isn't being developed, neither are skins.

What else is there?
    Someoned mentioned over on 1src that launcherX was going to have a new version coming out soon.

Initiate seems good although again I don't like the skins for it.
    Last I heard from Jeff Gibson, he was working on a WM app. So unless, he is working on a WM version of Launcher X, I don't think Launcher X will see any work anytime soon. Jeff is interested in projects that enable him to make a living. While updating older Palm OS programs would likely give him some revenue stream, it is unlikely that the opportunity cost for not working on something else that likely will yield a higher return, will be worth it.
    Yes. Jeff has all but abandoned LX. We have been complaining about that just today at launcherxplanet.com. I really don't see why he purchased the rights to the app if he really had no intention of updating it. Now no one else can. Would be nice if he would just release it as open source and let someone else pick up development.
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD_HATCH View Post
    Someoned mentioned over on 1src that launcherX was going to have a new version coming out soon.

Initiate seems good although again I don't like the skins for it.
    LOL... It was mentioned that LauncherX 2.0 would have a beta released in "about a month" .... in early 2007.

Initiate skins do completely suck. That is why I don't even bother with it. I am a sucker for eye candy.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott_L View Post
    Thanks. I read that one too! Senior moment I guess... Even funnier is that I downloaded the transparent icons, but deleted the zip when I saw they were all blank!

Off to try it out. Thanks again.
    Assuming you tried it, how did the invisible icon project work out for ya?
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Assuming you tried it, how did the invisible icon project work out for ya?
    Not as well as I had hoped. I work in (3x3) 123 mode. So, I extracted 9 Transparent icons and renamed them to my first 9 apps when in the "All" category. This worked, but left the app names on the display. Sure, I can disable icon names for the desired "empty screen", but I would like to see them once I type the first letter of the app I want to run. Further confusion resulted when I disabled icon names because any app with a transparent icon (and no icon name) is entirely invisible!

What this comes down to is the addition of an option in Treo Launcher to show no icons until a letter is pressed. There is a rather convoluted way to (possibly) make this all work with Apt, but it's more effort then I felt like giving. Let's just hope development continues and this feature can be added.
    Is there any way to have the clock under the date appear in 12h format instead of 24h format?
    Quote Originally Posted by hufn View Post
    Is there any way to have the clock under the date appear in 12h format instead of 24h format?
    Keep tapping it and it will cycle through the various displays.

Elfyn
    Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door.
    Quote Originally Posted by headgamer View Post
    You think Lnchr will ever get updated to include the ability to use .png files for icons instead of just .gif? .png format files remain so much cleaner looking and don't get the jagged edges that transparent .gif files do. For example, I made a converted a Gant iconset (see attached screencap below) to be used with Lnchr, and while they look good, they would likely look better on a lighter background (than my dark one), because of the lighter pixels around the edges. Now I plan to fix that eventually but just don't have the time right now. AND it will be tedious to do. .png transparencies seem so much cleaner IMO...

Any chance of that happening, or is that merely a limitation of the Palm OS, not the coding of Lnchr?

http://a6.vox.com/6a00d4141c4c866a470100a7e8f7ee000e-pi
    How did you change your My Centro and Quick Tour icons? I tried, and they wouldn't change.
    I'm checking you Jabronis into the SmackDown hotel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfyn View Post
    Keep tapping it and it will cycle through the various displays.

Elfyn
    Thank you
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RenaC View Post
    How did you change your My Centro and Quick Tour icons? I tried, and they wouldn't change.
    I think this is somewhere in this thread, but in short, use the same method as the rest (I'm sure you knew that), but name the icons Tutorial and MyTreoTO with whatever extension you're icon is. Remember, these are CaSe sensitive so type exactly as shown!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_L View Post
    I think this is somewhere in this thread, but in short, use the same method as the rest (I'm sure you knew that), but name the icons Tutorial and MyTreoTO with whatever extension you're icon is. Remember, these are CaSe sensitive so type exactly as shown!
    Yep. What he said.

The problem is the actual name of he file isn't always what is displayed in the launcher. For the ones I had trouble with, I would just drag them on the Info icon in Launcher X and it gave me the correct name to use.
    Last edited by headgamer; 08/08/2008 at 06:08 AM.
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    I can't seem to change 4cast icon. Is it because of the #4? Is there a way around this?
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mxl360 View Post
    I can't seem to change 4cast icon. Is it because of the #4? Is there a way around this?
    hmmm I tried renaming, but the icon doesn't change.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I have mine named 4cast.gif and it works fine. I do recall having some issues with TL recognizing the file one time, and I had to delete the icon file, do a soft reset, then copy the icon to the card and reinstall icons in TL. Never did figure out what caused the problem.
    Such a pity - 2 minor updates of this program in the past 18 months, the last one over 5 months ago. It looked so good - and then...

Horace, where are you?
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    I would certainly like to see a couple changes and enhancements, but knowing the release history I still paid for this app a couple weeks ago.

There is no predetermined Lastday for Palm devices and software! I'm guessing a lot of you don't know what Lastday is without following the link. It's an "old" flick. Old software, for an older Palm, for a much older me! Age is relative...

Paging Horace... TC to Horace...
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Can someone confirm that the icons are out of memory after a reset. So I would have to launch Icons to set them again?
    Can someone confirm that the icons are out of memory after a reset. So I would have to launch Icons to set them again?

Yes, you have to relaunch icons after a reset

Elfyn
    Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door.