Page 12 of 131 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516172262112 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 2602
  1. #221  
    Feature suggestions:

    Add a icon somewhere on the screen to indicate whether TL is in 123 mode or abc mode.

    Just like the signal strength is displayed next to the antennae, consider adding the battery strength (% remaining) next to the battery icon in the top right of the screen.

    As an added feature, please consider adding the status of the mute switch to the top bar (I know, it's getting crowded there ..)

    Question: Is there a way to use the buttons or 4-way to access the tiny icons at the bottom of the screen? The animated screen-shot on your web page (lnchr_last_10.gif) shows those icons growing big in sequence, as if one was stepping through them using the keyboard ...
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  2. Rob_T's Avatar
    Posts
    328 Posts
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    #222  
    Another feature request:

    an option to browse past the "all" category the same way you do the unfiled category
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
  3. #223  
    Horace, can you keep past versions downloadable on on your site? Right now the app is rock solid, with a small footprint... but as the size & features grow, that might not always be the case... Just trying to make sure their is a easy way to downgrade to a past version if a my treo doesn't play well with the latest & greatest...
    HTC Touch Pro
  4. #224  
    How do I get rid of this "Lnchr is shareware" message?


  5. #225  
    Quote Originally Posted by He123321 View Post
    How do I get rid of this "Lnchr is shareware" message?
    when I registered, I got a email with my registration code, once I put the code in the shareware message went away
  6. #226  
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah View Post
    when I registered, I got a email with my registration code, once I put the code in the shareware message went away
    Well let me give that a shoot then. Thanks for the reply.


  7. #227  
    I love this launcher, and I can't wait to play with making skins.
  8. #228  
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad View Post

    Question: Is there a way to use the buttons or 4-way to access the tiny icons at the bottom of the screen? The animated screen-shot on your web page (lnchr_last_10.gif) shows those icons growing big in sequence, as if one was stepping through them using the keyboard ...
    Press the enter key on your keyboard to activate the Recent App section, then press left or right on the 5-way.
  9. #229  
    Great launcher. Made my own Steelers background and used the built in Steel color theme on my 700p. Thanks for all of the great efforts.
    http://kpritts.echoes.net/LNCHRSteelers.JPG
  10. #230  
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad View Post
    Questions:

    2. Even though I have selected 3 columns in abc mode, the columns are spaced fully across the screen. Many of us have the backgrounds created by nachob with calendar shadow and a logo on the right side. Please provide an option of having icons displayed only on the left part of the screen (like in the 123 mode) even for the abc mode.
    What you are requesting/suggesting here is a feature already built into the application.
    In Preferences, uncheck "Default OP+ on in [123] mode"
    Start TL and place it in [123] mode (spacebar will switch between modes in case you didn't already know this).
    At this point TL will accept alphabetical entry from the keyboard. So let's say you want to launch Contacts, press C and then O. If you have "Auto launch unique application" checked in preferences, and Contacts is the only application installed starting with C and O, it should automatically launch at this point.
    If you want to temporarily place TL in [123] mode, just hit the Option key and then the corresponding number for where the application is positioned on the screen, for example 5 if on the 2nd row, middle position.

    Using this configuration you should never have to place TL in [abc] mode. So all the wallpapers I've created are useable with how you are wanting TL to function.

    Hope this helps ya.

    NachoB
    Last edited by NachoB; 12/23/2006 at 10:54 AM.
  11. #231  
    Thanks NachoB. That helps. Your tip on combining the 123 and abc mode functionality is a good one.

    This launcher is feature-rich for it's deceptively small size. I'm still discovering all of it's potential.

    I wish there was a way to have selected (top-12 applications) applications launch by the 123 buttons while having all applications be available via abc mode.

    Like I said earlier, I created a new category (called Numeric) and put my top 12 applications in it. That is selected for use 90% of the time, with TL in 123 mode. But that makes using my other applications less convenient. I have to switch categories to All and then type the letters.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  12. #232  
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad View Post
    Found a bug:

    ...

    If I switch to the standard Applications launcher and back to TL, the icon is back and everything looks normal again. My guess is that TL is looking for the application data before Linkstart is done with the switcheroo and with the refresing of the Applications data (psyslaunch, which is probably used by TL).

    Thanks in advance for looking into this.
    Yeap.

    My guess is Linkstart (and similar Link programs, e.g. ZLink) will take care of the update of the laucher database for the system launcher, but not TL.

    I am working on a fix ...

    Thanks
  13. #233  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Hey Horace, feel free to place any/all the wallpapers I've created on your web site.

    Also, feature request: Since I now find myself keeping my phone in Launcher instead of Phone, can ya add a Beam Business Card option shortcut? Menu+M in the default launcher. Not that I do a lot of business card beaming but would be convenient I think to not have to switch apps.
    NachoB, thanks for your great wallpaper, I'll create a wallpaper archive and link to your blog during the holidays.

    OK, "Beam Business Card" is on the todo ..
  14. #234  
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad View Post
    Feature suggestions:

    Add a icon somewhere on the screen to indicate whether TL is in 123 mode or abc mode.
    Isn't the calendar _the_ indicator

    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad View Post
    Just like the signal strength is displayed next to the antennae, consider adding the battery strength (% remaining) next to the battery icon in the top right of the screen.

    As an added feature, please consider adding the status of the mute switch to the top bar (I know, it's getting crowded there ..)
    Yes, the reason not have more information on the title bar is due to limted space (sometimes the category name is long). And it is not easy to add more and still keeps clean as the system launcher. I am working on a design ...

    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad View Post
    Question: Is there a way to use the buttons or 4-way to access the tiny icons at the bottom of the screen? The animated screen-shot on your web page (lnchr_last_10.gif) shows those icons growing big in sequence, as if one was stepping through them using the keyboard ...
    Yes, click "Enter / Return" key and then "Left / Right" ...
  15. #235  
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah View Post
    Horace, can you keep past versions downloadable on on your site? Right now the app is rock solid, with a small footprint... but as the size & features grow, that might not always be the case... Just trying to make sure their is a easy way to downgrade to a past version if a my treo doesn't play well with the latest & greatest...
    Thanks for reminding! I will keep all future versions, starting 1.2.
  16. #236  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob_T View Post
    Another feature request:

    an option to browse past the "all" category the same way you do the unfiled category
    It is on the todo list
  17. #237  
    Quote Originally Posted by kpritts View Post
    Great launcher. Made my own Steelers background and used the built in Steel color theme on my 700p. Thanks for all of the great efforts.
    kpritts, where did you find a simulator _with_ the Treo skin?
  18. #238  
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad View Post
    I wish there was a way to have selected (top-12 applications) applications launch by the 123 buttons while having all applications be available via abc mode.

    Like I said earlier, I created a new category (called Numeric) and put my top 12 applications in it. That is selected for use 90% of the time, with TL in 123 mode. But that makes using my other applications less convenient. I have to switch categories to All and then type the letters.
    I am working on an "easy to switch category" interface... wish that I don't have to join that many Holidays parties
  19. #239  
    Quote Originally Posted by horace View Post
    NachoB, thanks for your great wallpaper, I'll create a wallpaper archive and link to your blog during the holidays.
    Let me get them organized into a separate gategory and I'll send a new link.
    Last edited by NachoB; 12/23/2006 at 12:21 PM.
  20. #240  
    Quote Originally Posted by horace View Post
    kpritts, where did you find a simulator _with_ the Treo skin?
    My guess is that he's using PdaReach, which allows you to control your phone on a PC via the USB cable. It has skins to it.. I use this application myself. Very convenient to be able to control the phone using a full size keyboard, even moreso when your phone looks like this:
    http://www.splashblog.com/nachob700p/516464.jpg

    I was still able to use all of the phones functions even though I couldn't see a darn thing on the screen. Way cool.

    Screenshots can be taken of the entire application or just the screen.

    http://www.junefabrics.com/pdareach/index.php

Posting Permissions