Page 119 of 131 FirstFirst ... 1969109114115116117118119120121122123124129 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,380 of 2602
    Quote Originally Posted by headgamer View Post
    Here's a question for you... I am working on custom icons and adding some. I have two programs on my Centro - Snap and Snapper (snappermail). Okay, I have a separate icon for each, names snap.gif and snapper.gif. However, both apps use the snapper.gif icon.

Obviously TL is just looking at the first few letters of the app name here, hence using the one icon. How can I differentiate these two apps so that TL will use the correct icon for each?
    Question wasn't for me, but ... what I would do is change the name of one app. I use App View for that. Then of course, rename the icon as well.
    Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't see where there is an option in TL to change app names...where is that?
    That's what I'm telling you. I use an app named AppView for that (change app names). Actually, right now I'm looking for its website or some link to give to you.

Edit:

Here:
    http://www.smartphonetoday.com/softw...0-palm-pc.html

For you and others: I know there are other file managing apps that may be used for app-name changing, but I like AppView. BTW, it can't change names from apps in ROM.
    Last edited by Cheker; 07/04/2008 at 10:56 AM.
    I am looking for some icons and couldn't find any:
    NY Yankees Logo.

For all the graphic designers, if I resize a logo to 48x48 will it work or do I need to do something else? Working with basic programs nothing too complex.
    Wow!
    Thank you for everybody who posted backgrounds and icons for this great program. Now I am not ashamed to show my Treo to Ipod Users.

BEFORE:
    http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p...007/Before.jpg

AFTER:
    http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p...-007/After.jpg

Please note that I also used Palmrevolt and Fontsmoother to get this nice result!
    Perhaps you should charge your battery...
    You think Lnchr will ever get updated to include the ability to use .png files for icons instead of just .gif? .png format files remain so much cleaner looking and don't get the jagged edges that transparent .gif files do. For example, I made a converted a Gant iconset (see attached screencap below) to be used with Lnchr, and while they look good, they would likely look better on a lighter background (than my dark one), because of the lighter pixels around the edges. Now I plan to fix that eventually but just don't have the time right now. AND it will be tedious to do. .png transparencies seem so much cleaner IMO...

Any chance of that happening, or is that merely a limitation of the Palm OS, not the coding of Lnchr?

http://a6.vox.com/6a00d4141c4c866a470100a7e8f7ee000e-pi
    Last edited by headgamer; 07/16/2008 at 08:10 AM. Reason: added screencap
    Don't know the answer to that. The developer has been quiet for some time now. But a question for you: Any chance on you sharing that icon set with us? It looks pretty good despite the little issue with the edges.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheker View Post
    Don't know the answer to that. The developer has been quiet for some time now. But a question for you: Any chance on you sharing that icon set with us? It looks pretty good despite the little issue with the edges.
    Absolutely Cheker...

Working on darkening the edges of the icons, but saving them separately. This way I will have an iconset that looks better with darker backgrounds and one that looks better with lighter backgrounds... will try to get at least the first one up later on...
    Man that some real nice work headgamer.

Quote Originally Posted by He123321 View Post
    Man that some real nice work headgamer.
    Thanks. But I really can't take credit for anything but the effort. I found a huge selection of Gant-style icons in .png format at deviantart.com. All I did was take them, resize them, and convert them to .gif.

I think they look nice though (except those rough edges which I am working on). I also did my own dialpad skin for Skinner to match my wallpaper and such... Got my new Centro and really wanted everything to look consistent and nice...

You can see it here....

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=132
    Isn't jaggedness more of a problem with size and not bmp vs gif vs png?
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    Isn't jaggedness more of a problem with size and not bmp vs gif vs png?
    I could be wrong (I'm no graphics expert), but I don't think so... I have seen 48x48 transparent png's that look fantastic and 128x128 transparent gif's that look horrible. In fact, if you go to iconarchive.com, you can see small (48x48) png icons that look better than any gif's I have seen. I think it is just the limitation of the file format...

Graphics folks chime in and let us know the real story...
    [HTML]Taken from http://www.webopedia.com/DidYouKnow/Internet/2002/JPG_GIF_PNG.asp[/HTML]

GIF is better than JPG for images with only a few distinct colors, such as line drawings, black and white images and small text that is only a few pixels high. With an animation editor, GIF images can be put together for animated images. GIF also supports transparency, where the background color can be set to transparent in order to let the color on the underlying Web page to show through.
    (+) old known format
    (+) Most UA can render it
    (-) Only 256 colors
    (-) Only one bit alpha channel
    (-) Un-free compression (LZH)

PNG was developed as a patent-free answer to the GIF format but is also an improvement on the GIF technique. An image in a lossless PNG file can be 5%-25% more compressed than a GIF file of the same image. PNG builds on the idea of transparency in GIF images and allows the control of the degree of transparency, known as opacity. Saving, restoring and re-saving a PNG image will not degrade its quality.
    (+) True color
    (+) 1 byte alpha channel
    (+) w3c recommendation
    (+) a open format
    (-) IE can not render it correctly
    Well there you have it. PNG is better than GIF. Period. You lose LOTS of info when converting from PNG to GIF... namely THOUSANDS of colors...
    Here's the Gant icons I have been working on for Treo Launcher. The first file, GANT.zip, is the original effort with the lighter edges, so they will probably work best with a lighter background. Some of the icons have a few teeny transparency issues that frankly I got too tired of looking at them to fix them all. The second file, GANTDARK.zip contains the touched up icons with darker edges to look better with a dark background. Here's a pic of the dark Gant icons...

Hope y'all enjoy them...

http://a7.vox.com/6a00d4141c4c866a4700fae8ce0fe7000b-pi
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Wow, you did it. Thank you very much for sharing your work!!
    Thanks. I thought they turned out pretty good myself. I wish I could have done one for every app I have, and I did for most APPS. But games? There was just nothing that fit for any of them...
    Very nicely done! How'd you change the look of the time (11:12 am)? It looks very sharp.

Quote Originally Posted by headgamer View Post
    Here's the Gant icons I have been working on for Treo Launcher. The first file, GANT.zip, is the original effort with the lighter edges, so they will probably work best with a lighter background. Some of the icons have a few teeny transparency issues that frankly I got too tired of looking at them to fix them all. The second file, GANTDARK.zip contains the touched up icons with darker edges to look better with a dark background. Here's a pic of the dark Gant icons...

Hope y'all enjoy them...

http://a7.vox.com/6a00d4141c4c866a4700fae8ce0fe7000b-pi
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofdatreo View Post
    Very nicely done! How'd you change the look of the time (11:12 am)? It looks very sharp.
    Font Smoother with Calibri font.