Page 111 of 131 FirstFirst ... 1161101106107108109110111112113114115116121 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 2602
    Great work... best launcher to date.

My Requests
    1) SCROLLBAR or equivalent option. Users need SOME visual cue that there are more icons below/above. It doesn't have to be an actual scroll bar but you might as well use the traditional Palm OS scroll bar widget since that would be in keeping with the unified look. Also the full view has some very conspicuous empty space along the right edge where a scrollbar should be.

2) Recent apps are uneccesary, in fact I'm not a very big fan of 123 view anyway. I would love to see an ABC only PRC. The whole up/down then # never seemed like a usable workflow, it requires too much feedback from the screen too often.

3) The ability to RENAME shortcuts would be super sweet. This, combined /w abc view makes a lot of sense since users would be able to rename icons to somthing more memorable for them making for quick access via type app name. In other words a rename function is far more then just a cosmetic thing, waaay more important than the ability to make custom icons for instance.

Palm Pilot 1000 > Palm Vx > Tungsten T2 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p

-A
    ya i wish we could rename the apps
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    ya i wish we could rename the apps
    There's a way to rename apps. At least if you use Resco Explorer that is. Just go to the Applications section (RE also has built-in launcher features but it's nowhere near as good as TL), select the app you want to rename, hit /M (or tap on it with the stylus to get the popup) and change the name. I do it all the time.

Cheers.
    Quote Originally Posted by phwelo View Post
    lol yeah forgetting the attachment helps huh :P

**updated original post with attachment
    beautiful icons as usual phwelo!

next paycheck sending you some green! Btw, any chance you have some sort of banking/money icon laying around? lol

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by STBXXL View Post
    There's a way to rename apps. At least if you use Resco Explorer that is. Just go to the Applications section (RE also has built-in launcher features but it's nowhere near as good as TL), select the app you want to rename, hit /M (or tap on it with the stylus to get the popup) and change the name. I do it all the time.

Cheers.

LOL

I've had resco explorer fo a while now and never tried renaming the apps.

I just tried and worked like a charm! I renamed Moepaint to just Paint and Nexave to Keyguard and everything is well.

I had tried renaming apps with filez but it didn't work. I guess that's y I paid fore RescoExplorer. Its one of those apps like Treolauncher where you happily pay to use.

Edit
    I tried it on Solfree and it didnt work. So I guess it only works on some apps.
    Last edited by OLD_HATCH; 04/01/2008 at 06:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post

next paycheck sending you some green! Btw, any chance you have some sort of banking/money icon laying around? lol
    I don't feel like messing with it right now, but here's a nice money symbol that could be turned into an icon.

http://www.ecommtips.com/Images/dollar_sign.jpg
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    thx NachoB , that's a nice one to work from

dunno if I can make the icon (with no white edges) but guess I can try ;-)

Nice icons, thanks.

BTW, I see some people's screen-shots posted here have different icon fonts than the original. I guess yours are changed with FontSmoother (by seeing the icon in your launcher). But other than those $$$-apps, are there some other free-apps for changing icon fonts? Or can it be done within Palm (in prefs or some other setting) or within TreoLauncher?

Lets just say I don't like very much the resulting original icon font from TreoLauncher.
    Last edited by Cheker; 04/02/2008 at 12:39 AM.
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheker View Post
    Nice icons, thanks.

BTW, I see some people's screen-shots posted here have different icon fonts than the original. I guess yours are changed with FontSmoother (by seeing the icon in your launcher). But other than those $$$-apps, are there some other free-apps for changing icon fonts? Or can it be done within Palm (in prefs or some other setting) or within TreoLauncher?

Lets just say I don't like very much the resulting original icon font from TreoLauncher.
    actually i have fontsmoother off, that's what the icon font has always looked like for me
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post

this is what i came up with (trying to keep the same style) a piggybank icon - i also had this other one laying about, a house/safe icon or something.

made a credit card too as that's what i'll use if i ever make a shortcut to my bank's site
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by phwelo; 04/02/2008 at 07:36 AM.
    u can not change the fonts with any 3rd party apps....

the fonts look different depending on which of the two tabs u are in... hit space bar and u will see
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    u can not change the fonts with any 3rd party apps....

the fonts look different depending on which of the two tabs u are in... hit space bar and u will see
    You can in ABC mode...at least I can. I've changed the fonts there, but I can't get Fontsmoother to change them in 123 mode.
    lmao

phwelo, the piggy ruules!!

actually, they're all really good and now I can't decide....guess I'll have to rotate!

thx again

actually i have fontsmoother off, that's what the icon font has always looked like for me
    Well, then I guess font change from device to device?! What do you have? I have a Treo 755p.

This is how my original/never-changed icon-font look like, compared to yours:

Yours (of course, LOL):

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b2...icons00001.jpg

Mine, ABC view:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b2...p-C41AE9C7.jpg

Mine, 123 view (the mode I always use):

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b2...p-C41AE8A1.jpg

They are evidently different font style.

BTW, thanks to everyone for your comments/opinions on this.
    Last edited by Cheker; 04/03/2008 at 07:48 PM.
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    cheker - try making your rows 4x4 instead of 3x3 and make that'll squish it to look like mine?
    I did. No changes, it doesn't squish.

Besides, if you look at the letter "a" in your font, and compare it to my "a", you can see it is a completely different style from mine.
    I like the "left right to change categories" option (with the rocker switch).

But is it possible that when scrolling through the categories, the up down rocker will PAGE up down (for pages with more icons than what show), but when you select the middle 5-way button it highlights the first icon on that page, and from there page up down would go up and down one row?

I don't know if that made any sense. I'm trying to do a full page up/down when cycling through categories, but as soon as I have selected a screen I would like to see the up/down function change to just doing one row at a time (so I can use the rocker to go down 4 rows and over 2 columns to select an app for times when trying to type the first letter or two isn't feasible).

I'm actually fine with selecting the home key to get back to the category cycling (though I understand the up rocker used to do this...maybe it could be an "on off" option).

Great program, and I am liking it. But I would also be converting from ZLauncher and what I asked for above is the biggest issue I see thus far (for me, that is).

Thank you for considering.
    Hi French, did you try un-check the "Rocker U/D changes row" option in Preferences?
    Quote Originally Posted by horace View Post
    Hi French, did you try un-check the "Rocker U/D changes row" option in Preferences?
    I did. But it's not quite the behavior I was looking for.

With the "Rocker U/D changes row" unchecked, I can use rocker left right to change categories, and then when I select down, if there are more than 12 (or 16 depending on view) icons, down results in going down to the next page of icons for that category.

If I check the "Rocker U/D changes row", then selecting down just moves me from row 1 first icon to row 2 first icon then row 3 first icon, etc.

What I was hoping for was that while I was technically still cycling through categories, up/down would result in a PAGE down (for pages with more icons than can be displayed).

I've discovered that while in categories mode, if I press the center key it highlights the first icon on that page. At that point I was hoping the up down behavior would change to up/down row.

I really do suck at trying to articulate what I'm saying. But in a nutshell I was wanting up/down to result in PAGE up down when cycling through categories, but when ON an actual page the behavior would change to row up/down.

I hope this makes some kind of sense.

Thanks for responding so quickly. You really do have a great little app and I understand the challenge of trying to keep it small. I think, in the end, it will be able to do what I really need but this one is definitely something I'm sorely missing.
    Camel, Great looking! and the launcher too...
    seriously... though.. I am trying it out..
    LauncherX doesnt want to cooperate with the dedicated home key..

anyone have any tips on getting LauncherX to launch on the Centro with the home key?

thanks