Page 103 of 131 FirstFirst ... 353939899100101102103104105106107108113 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 2602
    That ability actually predates that functionality natively in the treo line. AKA It was in the first release or near the first release of TL.

The hold home button popup came in the 755 and was added to the 700 with the update. Not sure if the 680 got it initially or with the update.
    Welcome back Horace!

"Finally I have settled down. Now I am a dad, passed the new job's probation period, buy a new harddisk for my old notebook and have Codewarrior installed." - Congratulations! Hope everything runs smoothly for you!

Perhaps you can have a look at my ancient request, that TL show Today's appointments and tasks below the Calendar, or instead of it. I think this will significantly enhance your excellent Launcher...
    Thanks for all you great Treo Launcher users!

In my new company's development team, I am so proud to share with my colleagues how great users support push a lonely programmer onwards, adding features and patching this and that. For exampe, "a 100-page thread is not common on a pda forum", I told them ;-)

For some major features to add (e.g. add-ins, show calendar items), to be frank, I am in front of a cross road. TL is approaching the 64k code size limit. This is always the limit I put for myself to keep a program "small". Beyond that, it's difficult to say "wait" to big features anymore.

Of course, size is just one factor. If I am going to add bigger feature, the current design is not good for that direction (the original design goal was a minimal design with optimal performance and little dependency but still keep the fun of personalization). That was a lot to achieve, ha, I know.

I am not sure how good I am doing so far, but I try my very best to keep those in mind. I really don't want to fork a "TL Pro" kind of version, probably due to my personal character (as you may see, all apps on palmgadget.com are small, Pacman is 32k, Chinese chess program with graphic in 20k, for example ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by horace View Post
    TL is approaching the 64k code size limit. This is always the limit I put for myself to keep a program "small".
    Hi Horace,

this is the thing that I like of TL, it does what it has to do with little impact on performance, and with a very small footprint :-)

As far as I can suggest, a little implementation that I'd like to see is the following:

when you hit the "action" button (the center one of the 5-way navigator) the first time in a category screen, you highlight the first app; from this point, if you have to switch to another category/screen, you have no other choice but to hit the home button (correct me if I've lost some other option...). It would be a nice touch to use the "up" botton to get to the category pull down list (or even hit the "left" button to get to the previous category) - the same way that it works when no app is highlighted.

Hope my explanation is not too foggy as English is not my mother tongue...

Ciao for now and thanks again for your work!

Sergio
    Hi Horace,
    I must say I've been reading through this thread (yes, the entire thing!) and the one over on mytreo.net, so obviously you have grabbed my attention. I am a bonafide ZLauncher FANATIC (have been for almost 2.5 years now)....however, I think I'm very much willing to try this. As a developer, your customer service, product and work ethic are phenomenal. The fact that this app is as "pretty" as it is functional speaks volumes. While I love ZL and my iTreo skin...trialing this is verrry tempting at this point.

Thank you for the hard work and the wonderful contribution to the Palm world.
    Quote Originally Posted by SergioA View Post
    Hi Horace,

this is the thing that I like of TL, it does what it has to do with little impact on performance, and with a very small footprint :-)

As far as I can suggest, a little implementation that I'd like to see is the following:

when you hit the "action" button (the center one of the 5-way navigator) the first time in a category screen, you highlight the first app; from this point, if you have to switch to another category/screen, you have no other choice but to hit the home button (correct me if I've lost some other option...). It would be a nice touch to use the "up" botton to get to the category pull down list (or even hit the "left" button to get to the previous category) - the same way that it works when no app is highlighted.

Ciao for now and thanks again for your work!

Sergio
    The "Up button to category" was once implemented (as far as I can recall), however it was lost in a hard disk crash few months ago. I will add that back, definitely.
    Quote Originally Posted by SergioA View Post
    That's why we can have one more language TL translated to. Thanks for the Italian translation
    Quote Originally Posted by horace View Post
    The "Up button to category" was once implemented (as far as I can recall), however it was lost in a hard disk crash few months ago. I will add that back, definitely.
    Yes you're right, I remember it worked once...

Then, when I realized it didn't work anymore, I thought my memory was a little faulty :-))

Ciao!

Sergio
  9. r0k
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    I think I'm going to have to give this a try as the remaining memory on my Treo 650 is reaching the point of desperation. If I can dump ZL and still reap (many of) it's benefits, I can get back over a meg! Thanks OHD for leading me over here.
    -r0k

The 650 was a fine phone and was WAY more than a phone, but it's data rate was 1 bit per fortnight. The 755p was somewhat better until its instability chased me to ... wait for it... the BB 8830 From the BB 8830 I went to iPhone 4 and have never been happier. Farewell Palm. Palm Devices List (updated 10/17/2011).
    Quote Originally Posted by r0k View Post
    If I can dump ZL and still reap (many of) it's benefits
    Hi r0k, if this can be of any help, I'm too a registered user of ZL but since I discovered TL, I never went back to ZL: a neater interface, small-sized and fine-tuned app, TL is a must have for me!

Let us know ;-)

Sergio
    Quote Originally Posted by r0k View Post
    I think I'm going to have to give this a try as the remaining memory on my Treo 650 is reaching the point of desperation. If I can dump ZL and still reap (many of) it's benefits, I can get back over a meg! Thanks OHD for leading me over here.
    You're very welcome! Let me know what you think of it. I feel so guilty for abandoning my love (ZL) , but this is soooo appealing. I'm trying it out on my TX right now...but as Hook has pointed out, I'm going to have to give it a chance on my Treo to get the true experience.
    I haven't had time to read the entire 100 page thread, but I can't seem to get the "recent apps" to come on.
    Quote Originally Posted by techiegirl View Post
    I haven't had time to read the entire 100 page thread, but I can't seem to get the "recent apps" to come on.
    They'll show up at the bottom as you open apps after running Treo Launcher for the first time. I was confused initially thinking it would automatically show the ones I had been in prior to installing the launcher...but I had to open up to 10 first and they displayed at the bottom. Try opening and closing a few and you'll see what I mean.

Edit: If you've opened some already, then check to see if you're in 123 mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by techiegirl View Post
    You need to be in [123] mode, you'll know if you see a calendar. Press space bar to switch between [123] and [abc]. Also, you can enable recent apps under the Toggle menu. Access them by using the Return key on your keyboard. If you'd rather not see them, disable them under the Toggle menu, and you can still have access to them by pressing the Return key, they'll will pop up when needed that way.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    You should also be able to blindly hit them even when they aren't shown. (Or at least you used to be able to do that.)
    That's it. Thank you. I just didn't open that many apps yet. Apparently Chatter and Mundu didn't count. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because they were still running.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohappydaye View Post
    They'll show up at the bottom as you open apps after running Treo Launcher for the first time. I was confused initially thinking it would automatically show the ones I had been in prior to installing the launcher...but I had to open up to 10 first and they displayed at the bottom. Try opening and closing a few and you'll see what I mean.
    How to categorize applications on card?
    - By default, all card applications are under Unfiled category.
    - (optionally) create a new cateogry name "+Card" to put all Unfiled applications into a single category
    - (optionally) create sub-folders inside /Palm/Launcher/ to group application on cards into different categories

Ok Can someone elaborate a little more on that last sentence from the Treolauncher faq?

What I would like to know is......If I group my card apps into folders within the launcher folder on the card what would i need to name them?

Would I name them the category I want them to be in? ie "Main" or would I name the folder "+Card Main" or would I need to name it something different altogether in oder for the card app to be grouped into the same category as the phone apps? (in this example Main)
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD_HATCH View Post

How to categorize applications on card?

Would I name them the category I want them to be in? ie "Main" ...
    That's it! Just create a folder Main on the card and move the application into it and it will appear in category Main in TL.
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    You should also be able to blindly hit them even when they aren't shown. (Or at least you used to be able to do that.)
    I didn't even know about this 'feature' ...
    Okay, what am I missing about sorting the apps? Looking at the PalmGadget website pictures, it seems that the icons can be manually sorted, yet I see no way of doing that.

Also, is there any way to rename the app names?

Great launcher -- I'm really loving this over the rather bloated ZLauncher app that I went to after LauncherX development died. I like the symplicity of it and small footprint. I also love how easy it is to customize, and it's good to know that it will keep me out of HPSkin Studio!

Thanks a ton for this launcher!
    Last edited by InternetPilot; 03/10/2008 at 10:48 PM.
    Chris
    My thoughts on NVFS: