Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Just got my T680 about 4 days from Palm.com.

I have never been a Treo user before, and I can tell you I am totally hooked. The ability to manage my work and playtime on this thing is awesome.

I have been reading alot of "Battery Issues" posts on this board and it got me a lil bit nervous. I know Seidio is making an extended battery, so it should be a moot point.

Once I got my T680 and charged it up, all my worries have faded. I personally think I get great battery life.

So far after light to medium usage, about 20 mins a day on the phone, 15-20 mins of internet and games, various email writing throughout the day, I am on day 3 with about 9% left. This was only after the first charge after I purchased it. So far, I'm impressed.

Only application I have on it right now is Good Technology, and from what I hear is a power-sucker. Its been totally fine.

I am "hoping" the battery life only gets better!
    right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huggie View Post
    Once I got my T680 and charged it up, all my worries have faded. I personally think I get great battery life... I am on day 3 with about 9% left... I am "hoping" the battery life only gets better!
    Dang that's impressive - 3 days! Me thinks that you're using another phone though - there's no way in H#$% that a Treo 680's battery lasts 3 days. I guess I'm also wondering why in another post you said
    I love the slimness of the new 680, but i would trade slimness for more battery life.
    Were you thinking that 3 days wasn't enough battery life or something?
    3 days sounds like a lot for a Treo - is your phone off? Are you only connected via USB (in which case it is still charging)?
    normal minds prevail
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunc View Post
    Dang that's impressive - 3 days! Me thinks that you're using another phone though - there's no way in H#$% that a Treo 680's battery lasts 3 days. I guess I'm also wondering why in another post you said Were you thinking that 3 days wasn't enough battery life or something?
    I posted that prior to even receiving my Treo 680. I was reading that the 650 got excellent battery life as much as 5 days on standby, so I was essentially comparing apples to apples.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
    normal minds prevail
    Always one jerk in every message board.
    Always one jerk in every message board.

Don't mind him Huggie. Some people have to compensate for shortcomings in other parts of their lives (or on their person's) by crapping on threads in forums. I am glad that you are getting great performance out of the box on your 680, which leads me to believe that maybe some of the newer units are going to perfomr better, and maybe some of the one's that were warehoused for awhile needed breaking in.

I know that Perry, one of the wiser, long term members here speculated about something to that effect. Perhaps it is indeed true.
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MattM2G View Post
    Don't mind him Huggie. Some people have to compensate for shortcomings in other parts of their lives (or on their person's) by crapping on threads in forums. I am glad that you are getting great performance out of the box on your 680, which leads me to believe that maybe some of the newer units are going to perfomr better, and maybe some of the one's that were warehoused for awhile needed breaking in.

I know that Perry, one of the wiser, long term members here speculated about something to that effect. Perhaps it is indeed true.
    I agree wholeheartedly.

Also, just to add to that speculation, i know my t680 was one of the last arctic one to be shipped out from palm before they "sold out". It might be a realistic notion.
    ok, one unit and one new poster (and who has priviledged inventory and shipping information) who has experienced an exponential marginal increase in battery life versus most all others on this board. hmmmmm.

matt, i'll think what i want to think which is hardly crapping on this thread as you put it, and it doesn't seem like i'm the only dissenter on this thread or subject matter. unlike you, i didn't make a personal attack, just questioned the reality of a statement.
    "normal minds prevail"

Sounds personal to me.

Huggie, what apps are you running? I'm just not getting close to that battery life on my 680. I run Chatteremail though (using the new battery efficient modes) and other than that it seems like my battery is half dead within a few hours of sitting on my desk.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
    ok, one unit and one new poster (and who has priviledged inventory and shipping information) who has experienced an exponential marginal increase in battery life versus most all others on this board. hmmmmm.

matt, i'll think what i want to think which is hardly crapping on this thread as you put it, and it doesn't seem like i'm the only dissenter on this thread or subject matter. unlike you, i didn't make a personal attack, just questioned the reality of a statement.
    You seem to be a dissenter on every thread. Have you had anything positive (my apologies if I missed it) to add to these forums? Or are you just a champion of the Blackberry and is just here to reek havoc and discourage those who are trying to make the device work for them. Are you on there payroll? I thought forums like these were meant to communicate with one another to share and come up with ideas and solutions to make things better for a particular product or device. Just go back to being happy with your Pearl, 8700, Dash or whatever device you claim is absolutely fool proof of any faults. Later.
    I now have the perfect solution.
    You need to take a industrial generator around with you to power your treo while on the move. A true mobile solution..........
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I merely just wanted to share my thrill of owning this awesome device.

Believe it if you want, shun it if you may. I got ~74 hours on one charge. I am by no means a power user, but I did put it through its tests.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I merely just wanted to share my thrill of owning this awesome device.

Believe it if you want, shun it if you may. I got ~74 hours on one charge. I am by no means a power user, but I did put it through its tests.
    I hear ya Huggie. I guess I'm one of the fortunate ones too. I've gone for 2 days on single charge myself. Didn't put my 680 through a lot of stress though, but I'm still happy to say the least. Not everyone will be satisfied with the 680, which is the same for ANY product for sale. I say for those who are not happy and just hate the 680 an it's battery issues, just send the darn thing back and stop bi:censoreding: about it so much. Find something more suitable for your use. Shouldn't be so unhappy with spending $399 of your hard earned money. Sure we all know the 680 has issues with the battery, but it's something I can live with at this time. Just my 2 cents.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Actually it was only $349.99 using the educators discount.

Strange how they have no method of checking if you're an educator or not. *hint*.