Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I am experiencing keyboard light flicker at any brightness below 50%. However, I only see this when using Blazer. In fact, it seems that the flickering is syncronized with Blazer's data counter (K count). At 50% (default?) I do not see any flickering.

BTW, I have no 3rd party applications installed yet.

Is anyone seeing this as well?
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    I'm seeing the same thing. They seem to flicker more noticeably when data is being used. (Try streaming video with Kinoma and watch them go nuts.)
    Yup, I've seen it too.
  4. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Same here
    Yes. And it's not just limited to the keyboard - if you dim the screen using OPTION+MENU, the screen flickers too.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I guess this behavior must be "normal" then
    I was actually going to ask if this was happening to anyone else, it's very noticeable and drives me nuts.
    I'm a chick who enjoys the finer things in life
    Can't KBLightsoff or some other app turn the lights off?
    If I use Omniremote, the flickering is really noticeable whenever the IR triggers.
    Same experience with the KB lights. Can be very annoying. First time I saw it I thought my Treo was going to malfunction. I would not call it normal because I don't think the intention was to design the KB lights to do that. I don't know if it is a hardware issue or software. Hopefully Palm can correct it with a frimware upgrade if not it looks like a recall would be the only solution.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Even if we don't get a full ROM update, it would be nice to have at least a patch file or something. I guess this is the beauty of being an early adopter.
  12. MED
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    "me too"
    ditto. (crimson 680 from palm store)

i see both screen flicker and keyboard flicker at various times. a bit irritating.

and (this should probably be a different thread): my treo restarts occasionally while in the middle of applications.

i am not usually a bleeding edge early adopter but i really needed a new phone and i did want to get a smartphone. i like the treo 680 overall but those 3 things (keyboard flicker, screen flicker, inexplicable system resets) make me question wisdom of my decision to get one so early (and make me question whether i should return it)
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    This issue deserves Palm attention. It seems it happens across the board. They must release some sort of patch soon.

I can live with short battery life somehow. But something simple as the keyboard light makes me wonder if this device is really ready for mass production. I am having double thoughts about returning it too...
    How often did Palm release software patches for the other Treo's?

I was roaming around a Motorola Q forum and saw that Moto just released a new firmware for the Q. And apparantly, the firmware 'greatly' improves the battery life. Made me a little bit jealous. XD
    I've also noticed this behavior, but I am perfectly willing to wait for a patch on this. I've had other reset-related issues with certain preferences being reverted to default that bothers me a great deal more. And I'm sure that whatever power management adjustments Palm might have in store would be pretty much at the top of everyone's must-have list. So... in a large scope of ranking, this one would rank pretty low for me. YMMV.