1.    #1  
    OK, this is probably more a 'me' problem than a 'Treo' problem, but I've had my 680 for a week now and not been able to get it to browse the web or send/receive e-mail (SMS and voice do work).

For instance, when I start the web browser, it tries to attach to the network for 10 - 15 seconds, then just pops up a blank screen with 'http://mobile.palm.com/' in the URL line.

Anyone know how to get my data apps working on T-Mobile? All I did was transfer the SIM card from my Treo 650 which has been browsing the web and sending/receiving e-mail (ChatterEmail) on T-Mobile like a champ for the past 2 years, so I know my plan is set up correctly. Same carrier, same SIM card, same user, ...different device.... hmmmm...

Thanks for any help you can lend!
    Quote Originally Posted by Treoramma View Post
    OK, this is probably more a 'me' problem than a 'Treo' problem, but I've had my 680 for a week now and not been able to get it to browse the web or send/receive e-mail (SMS and voice do work).

For instance, when I start the web browser, it tries to attach to the network for 10 - 15 seconds, then just pops up a blank screen with 'http://mobile.palm.com/' in the URL line.

Anyone know how to get my data apps working on T-Mobile? All I did was transfer the SIM card from my Treo 650 which has been browsing the web and sending/receiving e-mail (ChatterEmail) on T-Mobile like a champ for the past 2 years, so I know my plan is set up correctly. Same carrier, same SIM card, same user, ...different device.... hmmmm...

Thanks for any help you can lend!
    What data plan do you have? The 680 does not roll over the connections like the 650 did. So you may need to select the right connection manually. This setting will also be lost after a reboot, remember to do it again of that happens.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

3.    #3  
    OK, you are way over my head here, but thank you for your reply.

My data plan is the 'unlimited plan for $19.95' from circa 2004.

What do you mean I may have to set something myself? What is this 'rollover' you speak of? How do I do this? Exactly what buttons do I push to make it 'go?'

Many thanks!
    has to be the t-mobile internet plan and cannot be anything else, especially that of the blackberry data connect type.

hope this helps
    OK, you are way over my head here, but thank you for your reply.

My data plan is the 'unlimited plan for $19.95' from circa 2004.

What do you mean I may have to set something myself? What is this 'rollover' you speak of? How do I do this? Exactly what buttons do I push to make it 'go?'

Many thanks!
    Prefs->Network

You will have three connections
    T-Mobile Internet
    T-Mobile VPN
    T-Zones

By default it will be set to T-Mobile Internet, try setting it to T-Mobile VPN then tap the connect button on the screen. Does it time out or do you get "Established"?
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

6.    #6  
    OK!

That's got it working. Thank you! The VPN selection worked.

Just curious - my 650 works perfectly under the 'T-Mobile Internet' setting, not the 'VPN' setting. What is the difference between 'Internet' and 'VPN' and why would the correct protocol have changed between the 650 and 680?

Also, my 680 just crashed when I tried to check ChatterEmail after (successfully) browsing the web. Once my 680 re-booted, it had the exact same problem browsing the web, so I had to go back into 'Prefs' and 'Network' and re-set it to 'VPN' not 'Internet.' How do I get it to stay locked on 'VPN' so I don't have to keep resetting that setting it everytime the machine crashes?

Many thanks!
    you might have to have the t-mobile internet plan and not anything else, especially that of the blackberry data connect type. when i switched my sim card out it too didn't work until i called customer service who said i needed the "internet plan" (i had blackberry data connect). when they switched me over it worked flawlessly.

hope this helps
    I've got the $5.99 T-mobileweb plan I was using on my razr and it works fine on the 680. I just choose T-zones on the connection manager and i have full browsing and e-mail.
    Guys,
    I just switch to TZones as a primary connection...it works same way as T-Mobile Internet.
    Then why those extra $14.99?

P.S. Does anyone knows what is DNS settings for T-Mobile...and one more think - how to set up 680 as a modem with bluetooth connection?
    •All Sony Clie's
    •Sony Ericsson P900
    •Sony Ericsson Z600
    •Treo650 Unlocked w/2GB SD card
    •Treo680 Unlocked (Graphite) w/8GB SD card
    Is there a way to force the Treo to always use a particular network service? I am using T-Zones, and it always resets the network service to T-Mobile Internet after a reset.
    There is not at this point a way to have it save the selected network after reboot.

On the 650 it would save it, It would also try the next connection if there was a connection failure. So if it were set to T-Mobile Internet and it failed it would try to goto T-Mobile VPN.

I spend hours between Palm and T-Mobile to try and get this fixed. I opted to change my data plan to the T-Mobile Internet form the VPN. For those on the $19.99 plan you may want to stay becuase a change means the new pricing.

I have a problem somewhat on thesame line. I have used a dial up ISP foryears on my Treo 600 to get my e-mail. Under Network (in Prefrences) I pulled down the menue and picked New, then I put in the name of my ISP next to Services. Next to Connection I picked Virtual Modem. I pluged in my User Name, Password and the ISP Phone number and away I went. I have done this on a number of Treo 600. Does not work on the 680. Any suggestions orhelp!

Thanks

SPG
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    Is there a way to force the Treo to always use a particular network service? I am using T-Zones, and it always resets the network service to T-Mobile Internet after a reset.
    You'll have to call T-Mobile Customer Service to have them to change your plan to reflect T-Zones as your primary Internet application on there end. I had to do this because I had to keep changing mine back to T-Mobile VPN after performing soft resets (it kept jumping back to T-Mobile).
  14.    #14  
    Is it possible for some smart person to write a quick 'hack' that will cause the new 680 to stay on the protocol selected after a hard reset (e.g. 'VPN' vs. 'Internet?'). It seems we hacked the FAT 32 file to read 4 GB cards... this should be easy... no?
    Is it possible for some smart person to write a quick 'hack' that will cause the new 680 to stay on the protocol selected after a hard reset (e.g. 'VPN' vs. 'Internet?'). It seems we hacked the FAT 32 file to read 4 GB cards... this should be easy... no?
    I am sure someone can do it. The FAT32 thing was more or less taking something Palm put on one device and figuring out how to add it to another. I am sure if you give it enough time someone will either add it to another app or write one for it. Perhaps Palm will just fix the issue with their first update, or at least get the rollover to work again.

16.    #16  
    Is there any way to report this 'not rolling over' problem to Palm? It seems this would be beyond their regular 'support' e-mail or phone call. Does anyone have any friends deep inside palm to whom we could report this?

Thanks!