Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey all,

For those interested, I have posted the files to update your Carrier DB on the Treo 650 to 355. Most recent version before this update was 270 (I think). Install the files to RAM and soft reset. This update could result in further fewer dropped calls and better reception in certain areas. Post your results as I have not tested this for very long. Files were taken from a Treo 680.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    How will I restore the ROM versions? Delete these files from RAM and reset? Or will a hard reset be needed?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad View Post
    How will I restore the ROM versions? Delete these files from RAM and reset? Or will a hard reset be needed?
    No changes need to be made to ROM. Just install over the files in RAM using Resco Explorer or FileZ and soft reset.

If you want to revert to the original version of the files, either save a copy of the original 2 RAM files before overwriting with the posted files, or delete the posted files from RAM and the original version should restore from ROM.
    Last edited by CraniumFunk; 12/09/2006 at 08:49 PM.
    Do these files work on any carrier? I'm on Verizon, I have these files in RAM only (not ROM) and the version numbers reported by FileZ are 219 for both. Created and modifed date is 1/5/05 for both.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by bobodobo View Post
    Do these files work on any carrier? I'm on Verizon, I have these files in RAM only (not ROM) and the version numbers reported by FileZ are 219 for both. Created and modifed date is 1/5/05 for both.
    I've only tested it with an unlocked GSM. It might work with carrier locked Treos & CDMA. If you are a power user and willing to try, you might take an SD backup of the RAM and restore that if it doesn't work.
    Since these are from 680, shouldn't these work in Cingular only? After all these are files specific to the carrier.

What is contained in these files anyway?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad View Post
    Since these are from 680, shouldn't these work in Cingular only? After all these are files specific to the carrier.

What is contained in these files anyway?
    They are the same for the unlocked GSM 680.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    My carrier DB still says 249? When I installed, it said an older version exists, do I want to over-write?

I selected yes. Then it said it was going to re-set.

Does the soft re-set actually delete the file?
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Turn off the phone before copying the file, copy, say yes to overwrite, turn on the phone again and enjoy.

Shows up fine for me, but have to see what difference this has compared to the 270 I got from a 700p.
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
    I have an unlocked GSM phone running on Cingular. I have updated the carrierprofile info in the past, but am hesitant about putting a 680 file on my 650. Anyone else care to report their experience with this modification.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    I have been using Carrier DB version 294 which is part of the Blackberry connect software. It doesn't seem to make much, if any difference. Anyone who needs the files can PM me.
    I have updated the files and don't really see any difference at all.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by +Kardboard+ View Post
    Turn off the phone before copying the file, copy, say yes to overwrite, turn on the phone again and enjoy.

Shows up fine for me, but have to see what difference this has compared to the 270 I got from a 700p.
    Good idea to turn radio off. Still doesn't work for me though

I always have problems with these carrier DB files- I couldn't get 255 to stick either!
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

installing was success, but it seems to make the treo unable to conenct to the cingular Media Net (my data plan) so i had to remove the updates
    Handspring Visor > SONY Clie T650c> Sony CLIE NX70V (got stolen) > Sony Clie UX40 > PalmOne Treo 650 (Cingular unlocked)
    This will probably sound newbie... but what all does the CarrierDB do? Is it, for example, where the default data network settings and stuff goes? If so, any way we can hack it?
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I installed them on my Cingular Treo 650 and I see a difference in the Mobile Speed Test. Before, my average download speed was 80-90kbitps, but now my average speed is 100-120kbitps.

So yes, it made a difference for me.
    I've never owned a "regular" phone, and never will.

Handspring Visorphone, Handspring Treo 180, Handspring Treo 600, PalmOne Treo 650....
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Geeze, I have no idea why mine won't take it....

same here with the connection problems. went back to 270 and everything is fine again.
    Quote Originally Posted by ishtob View Post
    installing was success, but it seems to make the treo unable to conenct to the cingular Media Net (my data plan) so i had to remove the updates
    My install went fine and I can connect to Cing media net.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    yea, it's weird i tried it again a few hours ago, it's working now... i still dont understand why it was not working before... it cancels the conenction right after the "singing on" messege.... butwell, at lesat it's fine now
    Handspring Visor > SONY Clie T650c> Sony CLIE NX70V (got stolen) > Sony Clie UX40 > PalmOne Treo 650 (Cingular unlocked)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast