Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Has anyone tries this on a T-Mobile 650 yet? If so, is there any difference?
    Thx,
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Using it on an unlocked T650 on T-Mo network. Works fine. Data and Voice all work
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    My install went fine and I can connect to Cing media net.
    My cingular phone became very unreliable with these files. Dropped voice calls and trouble connecting to the data network. I heard that Cingular was having problems today, but my performance was definitely worse with these new files.

I am now back at Carrierdb=255.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    What a mess this carrierdb change made to my Treo. After installing/uninstalling this file, my phone was dropping calls every 2 to 3 minutes. The signal strength meter was jumping all over the place.

Even a hard reset and restore did not help. I ended up reinstalling all my applications.

My advice is to STAY AWAY from this modification for GSM/Cingular 650s.

I am back to Carrier DB: 249. If things are stable maybe I will try 255. It would take some real convincing to try 355 again. Who has the 355 file working reliably on Cingular?
    Last edited by swieder; 12/14/2006 at 08:27 PM.
    Wow, that's unfortunate. Works great on an unlocked GSM on Rogers in Canada... Maybe it has something to do with the unlocked-ness?
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
    Who has the 355 file working reliably on Cingular?
    355 running fine here for two days on Cingular with Unlocked non-cingular branded Treo 650. No issues at all with data or voice.
    Unlocked 650 on Cingular
    SE HBH-660
    Firmware: 01.71
    Software: Treo650-1.20-ENA
    Hardware: A
    Quote Originally Posted by +Kardboard+ View Post
    Wow, that's unfortunate. Works great on an unlocked GSM on Rogers in Canada... Maybe it has something to do with the unlocked-ness?
    My Treo is also unlocked. Maybe something else is going on. Have to see what happens over the next few days.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Well mine finally works. Haven't notice a difference yet though! I was stupidly bluetoothing the files to my treo- they don't stick that way. I should have hotsync'd first time- DOH!
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    What a mess this carrierdb change made to my Treo. After installing/uninstalling this file, my phone was dropping calls every 2 to 3 minutes. The signal strength meter was jumping all over the place.

Even a hard reset and restore did not help. I ended up reinstalling all my applications.

My advice is to STAY AWAY from this modification for GSM/Cingular 650s.

I am back to Carrier DB: 249. If things are stable maybe I will try 255. It would take some real convincing to try 355 again. Who has the 355 file working reliably on Cingular?
    I ended up swapping out my hardware. It is probably just a coincidence that my phone went to hell after installing the new carrierDB files. I have the new hardware up to date with my custom ROM ENA-120 and FW 1.71. I also put the Carrierdb=355 files back on. I just have to squeeze evey ounce of performance out of this thing. Voice and data seem fine after 5 minutes of testing.
    I am still seeing a strange behavior with this carrierDB=355. My radio signal seems to be bouncing from no bars to full signal. Once after about 90 seconds into the call the person at the other end of the phone stops hearing me and then a few seconds later my phone line goes dead. I have seen this behavior very often with my last phone after upgrading to 355 and once with this new phone.
    Last edited by swieder; 12/18/2006 at 10:33 PM.
    I installed this on my Cingular (Unlocked). Reception seems better in my home (zipcode 30092). Other than that not much difference... Thanks.
  12. jps
    Quote Originally Posted by bobodobo View Post
    Do these files work on any carrier? I'm on Verizon, I have these files in RAM only (not ROM) and the version numbers reported by FileZ are 219 for both. Created and modifed date is 1/5/05 for both.
    I am also curious on this point as well. If I have time tonight, I just might have to try on my CDMA Treo 650 VZW...
    :: Verizon Treo 650 w/o Camera
    :: Hardware Rev B
    :: Current Update: 1.05A
    :: Custom ROM: -BigSur -BT -Camera -FATFS -Handango -Hidden -Languages -Pixer -RealPlayer -Tips -Tutorials -VideoAccess -World Clock -Welcome -WirelessSync +Datebook (700p) +FAT32 +Memo (700p) +PowerPrferences (700p) +ToDo (700p)
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Thans a lot CraniumFunk!
    I just updated these files on my Cingular Treo 650 - seemed to help overall speeds on Blazer and checking mail!
    I'm still not quite clear if there is a difference in GPRS and EDGE? I thought they were the same thing, but still a little comfused since there is no E or anything to indicate EDGE network.

Thanks again, I love little tweaks like this...

jb
    Cingular Treo 650
    brought back from the dead - replaced LCD, keyboard, and housing now like brand new.
    Tried it on my unlock Treo650 GSM in Thailand.The signal strength seems better very much.
    I use Zoti antenna which give me signal strength about 14-16 by keyguardtime popup meter,but with this new dbs the signal is 18-21.
    Thanksssssssssssss.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12