1.    #1  
    Is anyone else having this problem. I have had it happen twice today! When a call comes in, as soon as I answer it the phone resets. This is what I have installed, Bejeweled, chatter, destaller lite, files, Handzipper Lite, Pocket tunes deluxe, solitaire, splash id, splash money, phone technician, zlauncher, volume care, tcpmp and card export. I have the latest versions of all of them. Could one of them be causing my problem?
    Do you have Phone Technician playing an mp3 ringtone? I had a problem where this was happening and it had to do with the sound settings getting corrupted by lightwav. If it is the samething go into your sounds and select different tones then go back to your tones. Try another incoming call.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Try disabling volumecare..
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    Do you have Phone Technician playing an mp3 ringtone? I had a problem where this was happening and it had to do with the sound settings getting corrupted by lightwav. If it is the samething go into your sounds and select different tones then go back to your tones. Try another incoming call.
    Thats interesting.... I will try it and report back.
    I have had the same problem. My phone reset several times when receiving a call. I have Technician installed. You might be right about Technician being the culprit. I will make the suggested changes and see what happens.
    I had this happen three times today. I have Ringo installed, and it has been acting strange, I think it is the problem.
    i don't have technician but i do have vol care. my phone resets after the call

alan
    Quote Originally Posted by novfilms View Post
    i don't have technician but i do have vol care. my phone resets after the call

alan
    Please make sure you have the newest version (5.56) of VolumeCare installed (Download Here). VolumeCare has never been known to cause a reset on the termination of a phone call. We will be more than happy to help you diagnose this problem if you contact us at support AT GoTreoSoftware.com. Even if it is not a VolumeCare issue, we can help you figure out why this is happening on your phone. Just drop us an email.

Jeff
    No Technician. No Volume Care. Just LightWav Pro. Crashed many times after two rings. Peed in pants. Removed LWP. All is well except for boring ringtones. Waiting for mods.
    "That's right Ice-man, I am dangerous"
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson View Post
    Please make sure you have the newest version (5.56) of VolumeCare installed (Download Here).

Jeff
    Thanks Jeff...while you are hanging around, please give me some tips on how to get volume care to do anything on the 680. I uploaded the version you suggested, set it and enabled it...and nada.

Nothing happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by alohafriday View Post
    No Technician. No Volume Care. Just LightWav Pro. Crashed many times after two rings. Peed in pants. Removed LWP. All is well except for boring ringtones. Waiting for mods.
    Convert your sounds to wav files and send them to your Treo via bluetooth and you can import the tones to work that way. With the updates to allow ringtones to groups etc you have most of the functionality.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

12.    #12  
    Well I tried changing to a different ringtone, like jamesgangut suggested, and it hasn't reset yet after receiving a call, but it does freeze up on an incoming call and I have to reset it manually. I have now uninstalled technician to see if that is what is causing the problem. I guess I will just have to uninstall apps one by one to see what is causing the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by allie View Post
    Thanks Jeff...while you are hanging around, please give me some tips on how to get volume care to do anything on the 680. I uploaded the version you suggested, set it and enabled it...and nada.

Nothing happens.
    Well make sure you actually got version 5.56 installed. If you did not first UNCHECK the enabled box in VolumeCare's main screen before you did the update, the new version would not have been installed.

Second, make sure you do not have VolumeCare installed on the SD card. No application that runs in the background can run from the SD card. (sorry if I am being too obvious ).

If neither of these appear to help, please contact me at: support AT GoTreoSoftware.com. VolumeCare is working very well on the Treo 680 and there may be something unique in your Treo that we nned to investigate.

Jeff
    support AT GoTreoSoftware.com
  14.    #14  
    My crashing problem was Phone Technician. After uninstalling it yesterday I have received about 30 calls and no crashes, before uninstalling it, it would crash about 1 time in every 3 calls. I have also tried ringo and it has problems with the 680. Is there any ringtone software that is compatible with the 680? Right now I am sporting the "Treo Techno" ringtone and it is getting pretty old..........
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    Convert your sounds to wav files and send them to your Treo via bluetooth and you can import the tones to work that way. With the updates to allow ringtones to groups etc you have most of the functionality.
    Thanks! Unfortunately, the files are >200k and will otherwise be truncated. I also want to keep my ROM as clean as possible too (I like to rotate ringtones from many custom choices). I guess I could re-record the clips at a lower bit rate, but I'm a pretty lazy guy....
    "That's right Ice-man, I am dangerous"
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    I've been using Ringo for a couple years now on my 600 and currently on my 680. It's always been buggy, constantly having to go into it to make sure it's set up correctly. Saw Minitones mentioned on another thread and gave it a try. This app will transfer your MP3s to the ROM, and in the process allow you to trim the file to any size you want and change the name too. You can shorten it from the end or the beginning of the file. I like this because some songs have an intro that i'd rather not hear and you can cut that off. Also you can cut it down to like a 20sec file instead of a 3min song. Then you just go into your address book and select the mp3 that's now available system wide. It won't allow you to set different files for sms like Ringo, but i'll take the limited functionaliy over buggy anyday!
    Do a Google search for Minitones, that's how I found it, or look here:
    http://www.everythingtreo.com/option.../ascdesc,DESC/
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste