1. axc
    Just got the new Bang & Olufsen Bluetooth headset. All I can say this earpiece is AWESOME!!! Just like everyone else, I was always searching for the ultimate set. Went from the Discovery to JX-10 to Sony HBH-GV435 (my latest one which I thought I was gonna be the one until I realized It was the cause of constant resets).
    B/O quality is in a class by itself. I also have the Earset 1 which is their wired headset(still one of the best looking headsets) and the A8 their stereo headphones so I was very familiar with their sound quality.I knew I wasn't going to be dissapointed I didn't know I was gonna be blown away by it.
    I went to the B/O store in Long Island to check out the unit as soon I knew it was available. First impression is that it is a big unit (but flat)compared with others that seem to be shrinking more and more. Beautiful piece regardless,with their trademark brushed aluminium and black. You can tell this is an expensive piece. Showed it to my wife, she asked what was wrong with the one that I have now(Sony). Never mind. Continued to wander around the mall. To my surprise, when we got home She took a black box out of a bag and there it was.Good wifey.
    The first surprise was the swing out mike arm a la Motorola which turns the unit on/off. Very convenient. Pairing was a piece of cake, anxiously wandering if it was gonna work with the 700P. Made the first call to voicemail and shocked that the sound was too loud.That's a first for me with a b/t unit.Sound clarity is amazing, crisp and clear(I understand B/O uses actual tiny speakers for their units). The fit is very comfortable with multiple articulations for the ear loop. Called a few people to get their feedback on outgoing sound quality("I can't believe you are calling me for this ****!").Mike sound quality is very good, no muffled or distant sound. This unit actually has 2 mikes, one on the swing arm and one in the bottom of arm hinge.The 2nd mike is the DSP mike which cancels whatever need to be cancelled.Another nice feature is the volume button, which is a spring loaded switch which is very easy to adjust unlike others that have push buttons.The status light is on the inner side of unit, so no annoying flashing lights. And finally the charging stand which deserves and award in design.The stand has a magnet that all you have to do is lay the earpiece on its surface and that's it. No cords of switches to fumble with.Very elegant. My JX-10 also had a charging stand but you had to push/pull the unit and it always felt like a delicate procedure. I mounted the charging base on the wall with the included mounts and it works/looks great.
    Bottom line is I am 100% satisfied with this unit.Sound is awesome,works flawlessly ( i keep closing/turning off the unit and opening/turning on to see if it fails but it links every single time) and looks great.Makes my life with the 700P a little more bearable.(Ah, I love my Treo).
    By the way,the unit costs $350.00.
    I would buy another treo.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    I'd pay $350 to NOT have to wear that ridiculous thing on my head.
    nightlight - you're on!
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Ever wonder is 'axc' is just promoting something he'll benefit from?
    Really, that much for a headset...
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    I think it looks very nice and looks way nicer then some of the other Bluetooth headsets out there.
    I can't seem to find it anywhere in South Florida and the B&O website states it's not available in the US. If it truly works as stated, it's worth the money and I want one.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmereos View Post
    If it truly works as stated, it's worth the money and I want one.
    For $350, you can buy a JX10, AX2 or 510 and mod it with the ETY mic (or buy a modified 510 on ebay) and have a pretty damn good headset with $ left over to make a 2nd spare.

Or for $350, it better include a free 10 minute chat with Pamela Anderson.
    gotta tell ya...i wandered by a b&o store the other night in manhattan and walked in. the salesguy had one and i not only tried it on, but paired it to my 700p (easy as pie) and used it for about 6 quick calls. it works GREAT! i wish they had used the smaller profile of their corded earpiece ...the ear circle is a bit odd. (but i have short hair so it really shows). anyway, i was just about to lust for it for the holidays when my husband found my lost jx-10 which, it seems, the cat had batted way under the sofa! oh well. back to small and ok instead of expensive and amazing!
    ~bean

palm IIIxe, tungsten t, tx, and now...a treo 700P
    palm all the way.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    I found this review http://www.audioholics.com/productre...hEarset2p1.php
    I was going to get one, but now I really need to re-think it based on this review. Unfortunately most of the B&O stores in my area have waiting lists so I can't just walk in and try one out.

Summary of the review:
    - Can only be worn on one ear (not switchable between left and right)

- Not very comfortable after a few hours (I have to disagree with this because most headsets seem to be like that when you first start wearing them, and you get used to it after extensive wear.) I have a Sony HBH-610a now and it is very comfortable, but I switched ears the other day and it was painful, but after wearing it for the whole day, I didn't even notice it in my ear.

- Sound Quality: Very clear and natural, except for low male voices may sound a little attenuated and flat .

- Quality of Bluetooth connection: There was static if phone was in left pocket and headset was in right ear.
    I just bought one for kicks. I have never found an earpiece that is loud enough and this one sounded promising. I have only limited testing experience so far, but here is what I observed so far. You DO have to order either a Left-era or a Right-ear. No one told me that. Now I have a Left-ear and need to exchange it. But I will use it for the next few days and let everyone know how it works.

I never had seen one except on the web site, so I was surprised at the small form factor. The black disk is about the size of a half-dollar. There is no goofy flashing blue light it. I kind of like the way it looks.

It paired without problem and has dutifully stayed paired all night so far (knock on wood).

I did a test call to my voice mail with my car window up and then down driving down the highway. The noise cancellation seems pretty good. You could still hear the background noise, but voice came through pretty well.

Range is not great. 10 feet away I was getting breakup. I am using the unit out-of-the-box, so it is possible that it is not fully charged. More testing needed there.

I currently have a Nokia BH-900 and I did some comparison calls to my voice mail from the Nokia and the B&O, then listened to them.

The B&O provided a noticably clearer voice. The noise cancellation does seem to work pretty well.

The B&O is noticably louder. Till now, the only headset I found loud enough was the Plantronics Voyager 510, which would not stay paired. The B&O has a similar speaker-ear-bud that sticks into your ear. I just put a Jabra ear-gel on it and not only does it improve the comfort factor, but it raises the volume a lot. There are 6 volume levels--I have it set at 3 (!) with the ear gel.

Ugh. I know it cost as much as my phone, but the gain in volume plus what appears to be a gain in clarity is worht it for anyone who has ever ripped their headset off because the other party was complaining about the connection.

More later after make some calls tomorrow.
    well, one change--the jabra ear gel does not really fit--it ripped. Too bad--that made a big difference.
    or get aliph jawbone headset. Its available now in cingular retail stores and for mere 119.00
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by acastillo View Post
    For $350, you can buy a JX10, AX2 or 510 and mod it with the ETY mic (or buy a modified 510 on ebay) and have a pretty damn good headset with $ left over to make a 2nd spare.

Or for $350, it better include a free 10 minute chat with Pamela Anderson.
    A modified Platronics Voyager 510...? What modifications are we talking about?
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    A modified Platronics Voyager 510...? What modifications are we talking about?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Modified-Pla...QQcmdZViewItem

disassemble windsmart, remove OEM mic and microsolider ety mic for much better voice quality.
    And people are paying money for that? That's disturbing! The 1st flaw is the headset they started with! Modify a stylish headset....but (warning: cliche eminent) I guess different strokes for different folks!
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    And people are paying money for that? That's disturbing! The 1st flaw is the headset they started with! Modify a stylish headset....but (warning: cliche eminent) I guess different strokes for different folks!
    I believe he's sold only a few...mainly to people who don't have the necessary solidering tools...wires are VERY tiny.

I personally don't find anything displeasing about the 510. It's comfortable, got great incoming volume...just needs a better mic.

And you want to talk of stylish and disturbing? It's disturbing to pay $350 for the B&O which "style" doesn't jive with me. I'd pay $150 though if it performed superior to the "510 Pro". I'm more for function over form...but not at $350. I bet we have different tastes in women too
    I stopped by the Bang & Olufsen store in Scottsdale last week. The salesman said they sold out of their initial inventory and only had the demo model. It was a left ear model. It looks and feels very well made. I opened the mic and raised the earhook, placed the speaker next to my ear canal and folded the hook around my ear. Nice design. Perfect fit! The articulating hook seems to be able to adjust very precisely to anyone's ear shape. I paired it to my 650 and called my wife on her cellphone. Volume was good on my end. My wife said she could hear me very clearly. There was a lot of WiFi popcorn sounds. I tested the range and started to hear static at about 10 feet. At 20 feet there was heavier static but did not lose connection. I ask about the return policy. The salesman said since it's a personal item that fits in your ear, a return would not be possible. That right there is reason enough not to spend $350 on the Earset 2.
    Treo 650 on Sprint / Palm Case / 1 GB SanDisk Ultra II SD Card
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by azxcpt View Post
    I ask about the return policy. The salesman said since it's a personal item that fits in your ear, a return would not be possible. That right there is reason enough not to spend $350 on the Earset 2.
    It must be different from store to store. The store here in Aventura Florida will take it back no questions asked. Someone wanted to get me a gift from one of the B&O stores in Maryland, and when I asked them about the return policy they said all the stores are independently owned and I could only return it to their store but they had a 7 day return policy.
    So I think your store in Scottsdale just has a crappy return policy, and you are correct, I wouldn't shop there either. I'm sure you can find a B&O store that will allow returns, since I mentioned 2 in this post.

Good luck.
    bump for updates, how do people feel about it in the longer term? anyone using one with a 750?
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey