Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    But he said Verizon and that's not even GSM...
    I probably misheard him, he didn't speak English very well and I don't understand English very well.
    Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! I finally found a cingular store with a 3021 SIM, but they wanted $30 for it because it was a privately owned store. And on top of that, the high schooler behind the counter argued with me claiming all SIMs were exactly the same and that I didn't know what I was talking about, and kept confusing serial numbers with model numbers and when I tried to point out that one said G3021 and the other O4021 he would interrupt at the "G" part and say "they're both 3G." We did that 4 times.

So, now I need to find a cingular-owned cingular store. This is retarded.
    Or, wait 3 more weeks for the software fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbenner View Post
    Based on what source of info? A call center rep's guess?

And if Palm gets bought out, who knows what will happen.
    They have a strong economic incentive to fix it, but do as you like. I can't find any 3021 SIM cards and it's still kind of slim evidence so far that that fixes the problem, I've only heard one or two anecdotal points in its favor.

Furthermore there is always a class action lawsuit waiting around the corner if these things aren't attended to.
    Good news... I got completely rid of the gibberish problem for nearly 3 months!!!!!

Bad news... It's back. I'm soft resetting 4+times a day at this point.

Worse news... now I can't HotSync without a system error or without resetting my Treo, and this began the same day the gibberish returned.

Anyone else had this happen? Am I just a whipping girl for Cingular?
    Quote Originally Posted by KellyB View Post
    Good news... I got completely rid of the gibberish problem for nearly 3 months!!!!!

Bad news... It's back. I'm soft resetting 4+times a day at this point.

Worse news... now I can't HotSync without a system error or without resetting my Treo, and this began the same day the gibberish returned.

Anyone else had this happen? Am I just a whipping girl for Cingular?
    Your post starts out pretty funny if you read it in a Professor Farnsworth voice. Sorry, I didn't get much sleep last night... Anyway, did you install anything weird on it recently, or, I don't know, drop it down several flights of concrete stairs? That sounds like the most annoying problem ever, and that's the first I've heard of it. Call a rep, but I'm sure they'll tell you to wipe everything and start fresh and then call them back.
    Just a FYI, I've never seen this..
    Nope.. nothing new. No new or weird software. No concrete stairs. No alien abduction. Nothing.

I did spend a delightful two hours on the phone with Cingular and then Palm support. Cingular really wants to give me a different phone (Windows mobile.. gasp!), and Palm thinks I should exchange it, too. They were able to "fix" the Syncing issue, though the initializing still seems to take a while (like it can't identify the user). Perhaps a device exchange would help that issue, but I think I might still have the gibberish problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by skintigh View Post
    Your post starts out pretty funny if you read it in a Professor Farnsworth voice.
    I must be loopy cause it's Friday...that exact thing flashed through my head when I began reading her post, too
    Bad 3G SIMs:
    73000 O 4021
    64205 O 4020

Good 3G SIMs:
    73000 G 3021

Good 2G SIMs:
    63698 G 4004

Bad 2G SIMs:
    none, rumor has it all 2G SIMs work...

So, G = Good?
    add to the list of Good 3G SIMs: 64205 G 3020

had been having the gibberish problem for the first few days of ownership of my Treo 680 - this SIM fixed the issue (so far anyways).
    Quote Originally Posted by kyle16 View Post
    add to the list of Good 3G SIMs: 64205 G 3020

had been having the gibberish problem for the first few days of ownership of my Treo 680 - this SIM fixed the issue (so far anyways).
    So, it seems like the 3-series 3G "fireball" SIMs are the ones that are working, and the 4-series are not. That should narrow it down a little for Cingular at least...if they are paying attention.

Yeah, I know...
    Sorry to bring back an old beaten thread, but I have the 73000 G 3021, and I have no idea what gibberish you guys are talking about, as I have not seen it at all. But I am having a different problem, and it appears to me that Cingular is trying to run around in circles instead of fixing the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo83ph View Post
    Sorry to bring back an old beaten thread, but I have the 73000 G 3021, and I have no idea what gibberish you guys are talking about, as I have not seen it at all. But I am having a different problem, and it appears to me that Cingular is trying to run around in circles instead of fixing the problem.
    I was actually going to post a link to this tread in a reply to your other thread...but I guess you didn't need my help to find it!

Oh well...
    Crimson Treo 680 (given up for adoption)
    BlackBerry 9000 Bold - Main
    Palm Centro - Secondary
    Palm still has not posted the promised firmware patch.
    Palm still has not posted the promised firmware patch.
    I wouldn't hold your breath...
    Has it been 3 weeks yet?

Bad 3G SIMs:
    73000 O 4021
    64205 O 4020

Good 3G SIMs:
    73000 G 3021
    64205 G 3020

Good 2G SIMs:
    63698 G 4004

Bad 2G SIMs:
    none, rumor has it all 2G SIMs work...

So, G = Good?
    Has it been 3 weeks yet?
    The firmware upgrade has not been posted yet. You all should check the Palm website directly rather than post to the forum. If it shows up one of us will say. If it doesn't no sense in bugging us here about it.

I'm not playing with SIM cards anymore. Waste of time.
    New phone...64K SIM card...Palm patches in place...and over a month without the gibberish gremlins. I don't know whether I just got a "good one" or it's just that Crimson 680's are more glitch-free... .

Just playin'...but so far so good.

Don't hate me because I'm stable...
    Crimson Treo 680 (given up for adoption)
    BlackBerry 9000 Bold - Main
    Palm Centro - Secondary
    I've been through all the various web threads on this issue. My gibberish started about 2 weeks ago after about 2 months owning the phone. I should mention that I was out of the country three weeks ago and in AZ (not my home) for the last two weeks. I can't help thinking there is some relationship since everything was fine before leaving.

For what it's worth, I called Cingular today and experienced the pain of the first rep who really doesn't know anything and then the tech staff who seems just as clueless (...maybe your battery) and then the Warranty Dept for a phone replacement. They forwarded me to the Data Device team in the same dept, and a semi knowlegeable person finally seemed to have an answer (SIM card). So I'm going to a local corporate store to get the 2G 64K SIM. At least he was familiar with the issue.