Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    In your video you compare the load times for treocentral.com between the 680 and 650 and it shows the 680 loading much faster than the 650. I have both the 650 and a new unlocked 680. I move my SIM card from one to the other and don't see any page loading speed difffernce. Also, using text.dslreports.com I get the same speed, 100 - 120 kbps. There must be some issue with the 650 you used in the test or its network configuration has some difference from the 680 (proxy server, whatever).

There is one significant improvement in Blazer on the 680, though. It finally uses the cache of the recent web pages viewed when you go back to previously viewed pages and they load instantaneously. The 650 was very frustrating in that it reloaded recently viewed pages from the Internet when you went back to them.

Just wanted to make sure that 650 owners aren't mislead that they will see a speed improvement with the 680.
    In fact, I find the startup after a reset much slower on the 680 compared to the 650. I do detect a slight lag in Messaging as well and even scrolling through my contacts. Or it is just my 680?

Anyone have a same opinion?
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I was just commenting on the data/network speed, not how fast applicatons start or how fast the 680 reboots or the "lags" that people comment on.