1.    #1  
    Carry a spare! I know it sounds obvious and stupid but we will never get the same battery life from a 680 as we did the 650. But, the battery is small enough that it is easy to carry a spare. I carry one in my change purse. I used to do this with my Motorola v60 years ago and started it again. It's not a bad answer. Try it. It only takes seconds to change and maybe a minute for a complete boot up.
    I just bought one...will have to do for now until the extended battery i guess.
    I got mine last saturday. The battery life is getting better everyday. I think the battery just need some time to hold the charge better.
    Quote Originally Posted by icesalmon View Post
    I got mine last saturday. The battery life is getting better everyday. I think the battery just need some time to hold the charge better.

Thanks for posting this!! I think this is the best, and most profound post from a new forum member I have seeen in a very long time.
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
    This is, of course, a very practical solution for a nerd like me. However, Palm still needs to address this issue. For a phone that's supposed to be the Treo for the Common Man, having to spend additional money, carry an extra battery, and learn about and hassle with battery conditioning is not so practical. I don't imagine the average new Treo user - one who's never had a smart phone before - is gonna be too thrilled to find out that, after $400, they've gotta spend more money and carry an extra battery.

It's not just about talk time compared to the 650. This thing loses significant power sitting still with the phone OFF. My 650 can go for a couple of weeks with the phone off and not go dry.
    In fact, here's a picture of my spare battery...

http://www.palm.com/asia/images/prod..._650_photo.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    Carry a spare... I carry one in my change purse.
    You carry a spare battery in your change purse? Isn't that something that every battery has written in the warnings not to do? I guess if it shorts out on you, and burns up, the poor battery life will no longer be an issue as far as you're concerned.
  8.    #8  
    In a small plastic bag.