1.    #1  
    ok, so a few months back i picked up the palm gps w/ navgator 6 software for my 650. i just picked up a 680 was all psyched to use the bluetooth gps receiver AND my bluetooth headset since it has the updated bt. but when i just popped the sd card into the 680, it says that it is incompatible with the device!!! what's the scoop? is the software somehow locked to the original device it was installed to? or can it really not run on the 680? either way, i'm pissed -- the gps was like $250.

any ideas/thoughts would be appreciated. thanks!

matt
    Last edited by bluehorizons; 12/09/2006 at 09:00 AM.
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    In the TT5 version the registration code is locked to the specific phone. You will probably have to contact TT to get a new code for your 680.
    Also keep in mind you won't be able to use the BT headset and the BT GPS at the same time - the Treo only supports one BT connection at a time.

Fun fact: TomTom locks its mapping software to a specific device but you can use it with any BT GPS. Garmin locks its software to a specific Garmin GPS unit but you can use it with as many Palm, Windows Mobile or Windows laptop/desktop machines as you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by wbwjr View Post
    In the TT5 version the registration code is locked to the specific phone. You will probably have to contact TT to get a new code for your 680.
    I changed from 650 to 680 and got new code from TT for Nav5 at http://www.ttcode.com. I had to give them all the order info from my receipt. Works fine with 680. The 680 is supposed to handle multiple (2?) bluetooth connections simultaneously. 650 could only handle one.