1.    #1  
    Just wondering what people use for backing up (other than Hotsync)?
    Resco Backup: http://www.resco.net/palm/backup/default.asp

Replaced backUpMan and backUpBuddy. Resco's app is very intelligent in dealing with the NVFS system, so it's been a keeper since my 650 days. Still works fuss free on the 680 (unlocked). I stopped using BBB because the syncs were too slow. MUCH quicker to just pop the card into a reader, then drag the full tree onto my laptop.

(You're in my old stomping grounds-- "CT". Left there to move to NC. *Now* I can appreciate my convertible, per the warmer year-round weather. No more wrapping the Treo in a glove during CT winters!)
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cutoffcirc View Post
    Just wondering what people use for backing up (other than Hotsync)?
    My vote is for BackUp Man.
    NVBackup works great here. The price is right (free) and I have tested and confirmed (scheduled) backup and restore, as well as selective restore.
    --
    Visor Deluxe > Visor Platinum > Visor Pro > Treo 180 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Palm Pre > EVO 4G
    Another BackupMan
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

I used both BackupMan and Resco Backup, and both worked fine, I really couldn't tell the difference between them
    BackupBuddy VFS Pro
    NVBackup
    Resco - it verifies the backups.
    at&t Treo 680, SW 2.11-ATT
    Cingular Treo 650 Unlocked, SW 1.17-CNG/FW 1.51
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    RescoBackup & NVbackup

both is tested and confirmed , works fine
    Handspring treo 90/180/600
    pa1m0ne Treo650 palm Treo 680, palm Treo750,Centro,Samsung i780, Now Treo Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercoffee1 View Post
    Resco - it verifies the backups.
    I'm having problems with BackupMan on the 680. Is anyone else? It's telling me that I don't have any space on my card, but it's a 2gb card with a ton of room. Anyone else having this problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by libmanj View Post
    I'm having problems with BackupMan on the 680. Is anyone else? It's telling me that I don't have any space on my card, but it's a 2gb card with a ton of room. Anyone else having this problem?
    No problems (version 2.03), I have a 2GB card with only 124MB free.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by libmanj View Post
    I had a problem with a 2GB Sandisk card. Just for quicks I tried a different card (the free one that Palm sent), and it worked like a champ. Try using a different SD card just to eliminated the problem perhaps being with the program. Good luck!
    If that solves you problem you could run a chkdsk on your SD card from your PC with card reader.

I'm using BackupMan with a 4gig Transend x150 SD card. No problems at all. I have it scheduled to do a daily backup at 2:22am, and it has never been late.
    We are all dead, we just don't know it yet.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    If that solves you problem you could run a chkdsk on your SD card from your PC with card reader.
    Hi James,

I tried messing around with my 2 Gig card with BackupMan again. I formatted the card. Tried BackupMan again and no go. While trying to perform the backup it will run until 7% complete and it would just hang. Soft reset, tried backup again and it went to 13% and hung. Tried again after another soft reset, got a little better until 16% complete. Maybe if I just kept doing soft resets until 100%, maybe it will complete. However, I don't think this is a good solution. Keep in mind the backup worked flawlessly on a 1 Gig SD card I have. Bad 2 Gig Card maybe or something else?

On your previous note, what purpose will the chkdsk serve that I reformat would take care of (beside maybe a bad card). I tried it and could get the chkdsk to even run (from the Windows run command line, is this the correct way to do it?). I'm probably missing something really simple with the chkdsk.
    When it comes down to restoring your device completely and the choices facing you are BackupManager and Resco Backup, Resco Backup wins hands down.

BackupManger does not restore Java files and the developer has no intention of doing so (a few emails with him on that issue). Resco Backup on the other hand does restore Java files and like the free one NVFS Backup, works well with the file system of the Treo 650/700p series. The options offered by Resco Backup place it above the other two.

Ben
  18.    #18  
    Went with NVBackup. It had me at "free"... Working well thus far.
    Backupbuddy here works great.