Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    ok, so i did a hard reset. then i synced it but forgot to change the setting on the hotsync for the desktop to overwrite the handheld. CRAP!

even worse, i thought maybe if i did a windows XP roll back to a few days ago, it'd be there. it's not!

HELP!!!!!!!

where can i locate archived memos!
    Sprint Treo 755p (ex-650) user and loving it.
    1.04-SPNT
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    *sorry for the dupe. important memos!*

ok, so i did a hard reset. then i synced it but forgot to change the setting on the hotsync for the desktop to overwrite the handheld. CRAP!

even worse, i thought maybe if i did a windows XP roll back to a few days ago, it'd be there. it's not!

HELP!!!!!!!

where can i locate archived memos!
    1.04-SPNT
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    help bump!
    1.04-SPNT
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    help bump
    1.04-SPNT
    <merged>

No other backup other than your PC? Do you sync with Outlook or Palm? Do you backup your PC?

(We understand your predicament but please don't double post.)
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    No other backup other than your PC? Do you sync with Outlook or Palm? Do you backup your PC?

no other backup. sync with outloook. no pc back up. tried to roll back xp a few days, its still gone. suggestions?
    1.04-SPNT
    Use NVBackup. You can keep a backup on your card, and go back in time if need be. I have some backups on my card that are 6 months old. They come in handy occasionally. Won't help you this time, though.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    so is there any way to try to locate an archive? need advanced help!!!
    1.04-SPNT
    You did a hard reset, so the file on the Treo got deleted. Not overwritten (that's the zero-out reset). Same thing with the files that got overwritten on the PC.

Maybe some advanced data recovery company (cost majoe $$) can get back the files. I see no easy way if you don't back up your PC regularly (you should!!).
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad View Post
    You did a hard reset, so the file on the Treo got deleted. Not overwritten (that's the zero-out reset). Same thing with the files that got overwritten on the PC.

Maybe some advanced data recovery company (cost majoe $$) can get back the files. I see no easy way if you don't back up your PC regularly (you should!!).
    how come when i roll back my Windows XP, the files arent there? I thought the roll back retstores files?

can i somehow access my old OUtlook? you know how it prompts 'autoarchive now?' from time to time?
    1.04-SPNT
    The Windows System Restore rolls back only critical Windows files, not all files. The full version of the software that MS licensed (Dantz Retrospect) will roll back all files.

I don't use Outlook at home and can't help much there.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A