1.    #1  
    I am a long time user of 650, just got my 680, did not bother to take out 680's HotSync USB. By using 650 HotSync USB cable on 680 and connected to my IBM ThinkPad, it is charging the bettery. Anyone else has the same experience? Can someone else give it a try and share your experience? This is very wired...
    I can't hook my 680 up to my 600's old cable, but when i hook it up to my laptop via the cable it came with, it also charges just like yours is.
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by publicid View Post
    I am a long time user of 650, just got my 680, did not bother to take out 680's HotSync USB. By using 650 HotSync USB cable on 680 and connected to my IBM ThinkPad, it is charging the bettery. Anyone else has the same experience? Can someone else give it a try and share your experience? This is very wired...
    Why is this a surprise? They have the same connector, so far the software works on both. Wgere did you hear that you could not use the same cables?
    Charging with hotsynch cable only is normal. It's in your manual. It will trickle charge BUT charging will be slower than when plugged into the wall.
    Speed of trickle charge is dependent on how much power you're getting from the computer; it can be about as fast as wallwart when in USB0.