1.    #1  
    I have the treo 680 which i got from palm the unlocked version and I am using it with t-mobile, i came across this issue with the treo in sending mms ( picture and video messages), the phone when sending a picture mssg is locked down to a file size of 100KB both on pictures and videos. i called t-mobile 3rd level support which they were very helpful and advise that the treo 680 was internally locked down to 100KB and could not be change, which seem to be very strange setting a file size limit on a phone design for extreme MMS usage?

I then called Palm twice which the first tech had no idea what i was talking about claiming that t-mobile had the network settings locked down to 100KB, totally false since most mms settings on carrier side should allow at least 300KB, but the second tech from Palm advise that the issue is with the SIM Card and i needed a 3G sim card that would allow the phone to send content bigger than 100KB, since T-Mobile is not 3G yet here in the states and Cingular is can anyone validate this as being correct as this is a major issue for keeping the phone until T-Mo upgrades..to 3G network?
    I have the same issue. MMS messages sent to my 680 appear small. A Palm tech told me to synch it to my computer and resize the pictures in the Palm desktop, but what a pain! Did this happen on the 650 as well?
    Yes, this has ALWAYS happened on T-Mobile with the 650 and continues to occur with the 680. I can dredge up my original thread on TC if you want, from when we all got our unlocked 650's, but I'm not doing that now.

I've done the following, and have yet to find the solution:

1. Swapped phones
    2. Swapped SIM's
    3. Reprovisioned MMS functionality through T-Mobile CSR.
    4. Worked through issue with Palm, they had no idea, told me to call T-Mobile.
    5. Worked through issue with T-Mobile, no idea, told me to call Palm.

The 680 is NOT locked down to a specific MMS filesize. On the 650, at least on Cingular, my friend can and does receive full screen MMS images. Other t-mobile devices received FULL screen, max resolution images. My unlimited MMS plan is utterly useless when I can barely make out which child my wife is sending me a picture of. </rant>

OK, any other T-Mobile users see this behavior or have any ideas for a fix, pelase post it here, I ran out of ideas a long time ago...

My original idea (or conspiracy theory), which I can't prove, is that the network somehow knows what the maximum resolution your device can receive and downsizes it for your viewing pleasure. Since the Treo's are not "supported T-Mobile" devices, they default to the smallest res.
    are they claiming that this internal setting is only within the unlocked versions?

i'm using a cingular-branded 680 with a non-3G sim, and am able to send MMS' larger than 100k.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by onepoint View Post
    are they claiming that this internal setting is only within the unlocked versions?

i'm using a cingular-branded 680 with a non-3G sim, and am able to send MMS' larger than 100k.
    Thanks for your reply on your Treo 680 using a 2G sim card with Cingular, well according to Palm the treo 680 is locked down to 100K on MMS unless you have a 3G sim card, but as your device is locked to cingular im sure they made sure that was not an issue which ever way you use the device 2G or 3G, T-Mo seems to accept this explaination on this device, I don't quite seem to believe they would do this knowing you would use this device on any GSM network this makes my want to return it.
    Also this limitation is on sending MMS, secondly because of the size limit video messaging is completely out of the question i think I will call them back to comfirm what you have enlighten me with , Thanks
    Last edited by LesterT; 12/08/2006 at 08:35 PM. Reason: added thought
    From what I can tell, when I SEND a MMS message to someone, they get the full-size picture! It's only on RECEIVING on the 680 (on T-MO) that I don't get the full size picture! Someone please help! This is not good! I'm loving the 680, except for this.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew-NYC View Post
    From what I can tell, when I SEND a MMS message to someone, they get the full-size picture! It's only on RECEIVING on the 680 (on T-MO) that I don't get the full size picture! Someone please help! This is not good! I'm loving the 680, except for this.
    Andrew have you sent any video messaging? with no problem on T-Mo and when you send a picture message did you actual check the file size of the jpeg picture, if it's over 100KB please let me know, I am on the phone with Palm as I write this also when i received mms they did appear to be small.
    I have not sent any videos yet. I do know that when someone sends me a MMS message, it is nothing unusual or large. Yet-it doesn't fill the screen!
  9.    #9  
    Well just got off the phone with Palm and now they change the story as tech support doesn't know why there is a limit and can't be sure that if they send me another treo 680 that I might still have this issue with the unlocked version, SO IT GOES BACK. hope this help anyone else thinking about using the unlocked version on T-Mobile. Too bad they had me for a minute.
    I thought that the 750 is the model that is 3G capable. Is the 680 also 3G capable?