Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Notice I didn't just say "cool" apps; most of the utilities and normal-application enhancements out there are quite cool to be sure.

Are there any applications that take advantage of the built-in camera or phone and can for instance, catalog things like Delicious Library? You know, really take advantage of the Palm OS and the Treo hardware?

For instance, TomTom (whenever the latest version will work) would be a great example (of course, it also requires a GPRS/network connection and a GPS unit).

Any ideas, finds you may have? I listed a few in the applications-check thread, but if you have some really great ones, kick down!

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...=129490&page=5
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Seriously, no one has just-absolutely-cool-it-makes-great-use-of-the-Treo's-functionality apps?
  3. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Well... I really like Google Maps. Extremely useful for locating places, and getting directions, and such. I think it's ultra-cool.
    Google Maps is very cool.

Chatter is very very cool. Everyone knows about it already but lets not take it for granted.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    I prefer Toccer. It's a native AIM client (I only use AIM/iChat anyway), and doesn't require a subscription, nor a third-party server. Yes, another cool Treo-specifically great application: instant messaging!
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    I have to say Kinoma Player 4 EX. Using this, you can stream video from the internet. Ok, it's silly and slow, but very, very cool. The Kinoma Producer creates videos for a number of different devices now, including Palm-based pdas, Ipods and the PSP. Nice!
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    GOOGLE MAPS is prob my favorate software. Its so great.
  8. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Wow, Kinoma 4 is like mindblowing. Unfortunately, I don't think t-mob's wireless can handle the streaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by spinteews View Post
    GOOGLE MAPS is prob my favorate software. Its so great.
    Just curious, but does Google Maps work with the Treo address book? Can you import addresses from your address book when you're using it to get directions?
    No, it does not. (At least not yet, maybe in future versions).
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric5273 View Post
    Just curious, but does Google Maps work with the Treo address book? Can you import addresses from your address book when you're using it to get directions?
    There is a freeware app called KwikMaps that will bridge the Contacts and Google Maps apps. http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...rREF=&siteid=1
    So is there any advantage to having the Google Maps program on your phone as opposed to just using the version on their website? Or is it simply a speed issue?
    Maps are bigger and move dynamically and no headers etc. try it and see, it's free.