Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1.    #1  
    Version 7 is out.....50% discount to existing customers. The changes in bold are things I've looked for tho the lack of HRM features still keep me from saying it gives me everything I want.

    What's New!

    New food database with hundreds of restaurants and fast food chains.

    Add all of your common food items to the new Favorites group and you will dramatically speed daily food logging.

    Create Recipes from a list of food items and add the Recipe to the food database.

    Many new charts and graphs:

    1. Nutrient Chart
    2. Calories per Meal Chart
    3. Exercise Chart
    4. Blood Pressure Chart
    5. Body Measurement Chart
    6. Body Fat Chart
    7. Historic Weight Chart

    User interface changes to improve ease-of-use.

    Comprehensive handheld Quick Help and Adobe PDF Users Guide.

    Diet & Exercise Assistant will color values red if they exceed your daily goals.

    http://www.keyoe.com
    Last edited by JackNaylorPE; 12/11/2006 at 01:16 PM.
  2. #2  
    A hypertext link to the product description page might be a good idea...

    -Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
  3. #3  
    can you post a link? Thanks
  4. #4  
    Have you guys tried CalorieKing?

    http://www.calorieking.com/software/

    The main advantages are more foods and an interface more suited to doing this stuff every day.
  5. #5  
    not much of an upgrade after all this time !
    Fred
    Cingular 680
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2 View Post
    not much of an upgrade after all this time !
    Not to defend Keyoe but as a measure of the industry whether it be hardware or software. But look nat it this way.....they haven't really upgraded "the wheel" much in the last few millenia.

    What are we looking for as a measure of value ? Should vendors add ...er..."features" for the sake of making the new feature list bigger a la MS's "Office 97 let's you put a pie chart within a pie chart ! ?

    Or is the main purpose of an upgrade to correct any bugs, tweak the interface a bit and add only those features that improve the user experience ?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by beebleb View Post
    Have you guys tried CalorieKing?

    The main advantages are more foods and an interface more suited to doing this stuff every day.
    I didn't really see much differences in the interface though I do like the wide variety of info (articles, etc) on the CK web site. However, the latest versions (PDA and Desktop together) would cost me:

    D & EA - $20 / 2 MB footprint
    CK - $75 / 8 MB footprint

    I don't really see anything that could entice me to switch.....If I was a new user, if not for CK's price of $75 being almost twice the price of D&EA's ($40), and that extra 6 MB footprint, I could see CK as a compelling choice....if they dropped the price to $50 it would be very compelling.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE View Post
    Not to defend Keyoe but as a measure of the industry whether it be hardware or software. But look nat it this way.....they haven't really upgraded "the wheel" much in the last few millenia.

    What are we looking for as a measure of value ? Should vendors add ...er..."features" for the sake of making the new feature list bigger a la MS's "Office 97 let's you put a pie chart within a pie chart ! ?

    Or is the main purpose of an upgrade to correct any bugs, tweak the interface a bit and add only those features that improve the user experience ?
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE View Post
    Not to defend Keyoe but as a measure of the industry whether it be hardware or software. But look nat it this way.....they haven't really upgraded "the wheel" much in the last few millenia.

    What are we looking for as a measure of value ? Should vendors add ...er..."features" for the sake of making the new feature list bigger a la MS's "Office 97 let's you put a pie chart within a pie chart ! ?

    Or is the main purpose of an upgrade to correct any bugs, tweak the interface a bit and add only those features that improve the user experience ?
    not ignoring Mac users would have been nice

    Hey I notice Calorie King has developed a Mac OSX desktop, good for them!
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix View Post
    not ignoring Mac users would have been nice

    Hey I notice Calorie King has developed a Mac OSX desktop, good for them!
    Yes I agree, that would be nice for about 23,000 software publishers. I'd like to see Linux versions too. Maybe that CK has finally gotten around to a Mac version, that will push Keyoe to do the same.
  10. #10  
    How do you purchase the upgrade on the web without paying full price?
  11.    #11  
    All existing customers were sent an e-mail. If you have chnaged e-mails since registering and not gotten it, contact them using the contact button on the web site. I had to do that back around version 4 and was no problem.
  12. #12  
    hmm...sent email in the middle of December and still havent heard anything...
  13. #13  
    7.0 is nice but now I am torn between this and My Diet 1.01
    Fred
    Cingular 680
  14. #14  
    anyone know if Keyoe has an online discussion board?
    Fred
    Cingular 680
  15. #15  
    Dredging up an old thread, are there any online / user food updates? It seems I'm addind my own new foods like daily, would be nice if there were a shre group somewhere that exported & saved their food files so we could colobrate.
  16.    #16  
    Not that I am aware of.....I found myself adding foods frequently for the 1st week. Less o the second and diminishing of course as time goes on. The one thing I kept asking for was a "save as group" thing.....whereas let's say you had a ham and cheese sandwich with lettuce, tomato and mayo. After itemizing each item, then you could save as a group as "Ham & Cheese Sandwich" and not have to enter individual items anymore the next time you made yaself the same sandwich. Haven't had time to check to see if they added that w/ version 7....site talks about saving "recipes" so maybe they answered my request after all.

    But I notice they say that " Diet & Exercise Assistant™ is now available to all members of eDiets.com."

    Perhaps there's a section on the support boards there where they do this stuff.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE View Post
    Not that I am aware of.....I found myself adding foods frequently for the 1st week. Less o the second and diminishing of course as time goes on. The one thing I kept asking for was a "save as group" thing.....whereas let's say you had a ham and cheese sandwich with lettuce, tomato and mayo. After itemizing each item, then you could save as a group as "Ham & Cheese Sandwich" and not have to enter individual items anymore the next time you made yaself the same sandwich. Havm't had time to check to see if they added that w/ version 7.
    I don't remember 6 very well, but definatly in 7 you can all all your foods for lunch, bread, ham, chz, etc. after all the items for your sandwich are in, click the title [Lunch] and a group button on the bottom menu (I think it looks like 2 boxes one on top the other, but off set slightly) then you can name it Ham & chz. I'm pretty sure 6 had this too, but can't say. Looks like it's called creat recipe.

    Just wish there was a group to share, even just resturants, most have online nutrion info, just needs to be added to a spreadsheet. But say I add/update Chilis you add/update subway, we could share the info vs each having to enter it.
  18.    #18  
    Now that I think of it....I know I bought 6, not sure I ever installed it tho.

    I can't seem to get motivated to keep logging everything
  19. #19  
    Cool app. but no 5way support?!?!?

Posting Permissions