1.    #1  
    They don't seem to be working on my 680. Is anyone else running NVBackup on their 680? If so, do scheduled backups work for you?
    Yes-I use NVBackup on my 680, and have it scheduled to back up once a day. It appears to be working just fine. The log reflects that the scheduled cycle occurs.
  3.    #3  
    Hmmm... I'll delete and reinstall. Maybe a screwup in the installation.
    What version of NVBackup are you using? Think latest is 1.15.
    I can't get NVBackup to work at all At least I can't tell if it's working. Maybe someone here can help. When I load NVBackup and start a back up job, there is no indication that anything is happening at all. Because I'm new to this software, I have no idea if there is usually some sort of progress bar or wait message that should be showing on the screen. On my LifeDrive and other past Palm's an LED would flash for SD card activity. After starting a backup My Treo 680 completely locks up and won't respond to any button presses or screen taps. I give a many minutes to see if it's doing something but eventually I get tired of waiting and must remove the card to stop it. At that point NV gives me an error message saying the back up failed.

It's possible that the it's a SD issue. I'm using a (theoretically unsupported) 4GB card from RIDATA. I've read several posts in forums such as this that it would work, and for the most part it does, but I've noticed that i can be pretty slow writing large amounts of data. For example, when trying to sync both Garmin maps and pdfs via Documents to Go the sync fails. Also, the Treo won't format the card, I have to format it in a card reader. All other uses of the card seems to be fine though, as I can load the Garmin maps manually via the card reader and the Treo reads them fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    MRH
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    NVbackup 1.15 runs fine on my unlocked GSM Treo680.
    this schedule job works as usual.

maybe u should reinstall it, heh
    Last edited by nomad2000; 12/09/2006 at 11:45 AM.
    Handspring treo 90/180/600
    pa1m0ne Treo650 palm Treo 680, palm Treo750,Centro,Samsung i780, Now Treo Pro
  7.    #7  
    yep... reinstalled... I'll see if it does its scheduled backup this AM
    --
    Visor Deluxe > Visor Platinum > Visor Pro > Treo 180 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Palm Pre > EVO 4G
  8.    #8  
    The reinstall did the trick. That's a big relief!
    --
    Visor Deluxe > Visor Platinum > Visor Pro > Treo 180 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Palm Pre > EVO 4G
    Does NV Backup reinstall Java, anyone know? Backupman cannot reinstall properly if one has Java installed
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    I can confirm that NV Backup restores eveything - including Java
    NV Backup rocks!
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Agreed! It definitely rocks! I've done restores on my 650, and also once on my 680. It does great!