1.    #1  
    Well after 6 months I received my check for $150 yesterday. Almost 6 months to the day that I had sent my 650 in to receive the "rebate" Initially powertrades was emailing me, saying the check was in the mail. Then inquiries to PowerTrades ceased. I contack Lynn at Palm Corporate and she worked almost 3 months before PowerTrades coughed up and paid. They said I did not have my apartment # listed on the rebate form. Without Palm researching this issue; I don't think I would have gotten the monies for the Palm. I guess that is a lesson learned (next time I will sell it on ebay or keep the phone as a spare)!
    Way to hang in there!

Just in time to buy yourself that 4GB Transcend 150x SD card stocking stuffer for $85.

Cheers, Perry.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    Way to hang in there!

Just in time to buy yourself that 4GB Transcend 150x SD card stocking stuffer for $85.

Cheers, Perry.
    Perry:

Do you have one of these Transcend cards? Is it good?? NewEgg has the Transcend Ultra Speed 4GB Secure Digital (SD) Flash Card Model TS4GSD150 for 80 bones...as of right this moment in time...

SMEGGIE
    Just ordered mine from newegg today . . . . . .$84 something with shipping.

Reommended by another TC member who is using one.

Cheers, Perry.
    Thanks for the tip you two, great stocking stuffer even if it is my own stocking.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Yeah, me too. Just ordered it. I'm very eager to enter 4GB-dom.

Unfortunately...I won't get it until after I get back from a conference next week. I 'took a bullet' for the company and told them that I am willing to attend a conference in Vegas next week. As unpopular as Vegas is, someone had to step up. And who better than me...

SMEGGIE
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    I got one of those 4gb Transcend cards back in August and it's been great. No problems, and I have a ton of MP3s on it....
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    Way to hang in there!

Cheers, Perry.

Thanks Perry,

I got the Transcend 4 gig in July or August. Seems to work well. Did lose my data once on the card. Reformated it; and now I try to back up the card every other week or so! I paid about the 110 to 120 but got a $50 dollar rebate
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I traded-in a 650 and a 600. I got the right amount for the 650. However, when the check for the 600 came, it was for much less. There was a note explaining that the digitizer (touch-screen?) didn't work. Oddly enough, this was on a refurb 600 that I had never even used. It was still sealed in plastic when I sent it to them! Oh, well.
    Now that the devices have been discontinued and depreciated to below $150, you have finally received your check. Hurrah.

I'm amazed that Palm is still pushing this program, though the last time I looked at the promo it seems Palm has added a lot of small print disavowing any liability for the shenanigans (good luck in court with that one, Palm). From the stories I've read about this alleged "trade-in" scam, I think I'll just drop my Palm into the toilet when I want to upgrade rather than consider this treadmill of futility. Paying Lockline fifty bucks beats hours and hours of calls to Palm Corporate.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.