Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Well this is unusable for me also ... like so many others I am trying to hang in there since I really do love this phone (I stepped up from a 600 so it really makes a difference). BUT I cannot get through a day with one battery .. and last night I did a test where I charged the phone then simply unplugged it and left it on my desk ie i did NOTHING with it .. that was 11pm last night and now at 5PM the next day it is dead ... That is only 13 hours of battery with me not using the phone. I have also switched off IR & Bluetooth and had email polling switched off (I use snapper and check manually).

I have been using this phone now since last Wed and it is NOT getting better. I also tried the hard reset on a full charge - no diff!? HELP.
    I hope those extended batteries come out soon. Unless it some sort of glitch with the actual software where it is draining the battery life for no real reason. If it is the latter, then the extended batteries will only help a little bit, imo.
    I cycled my battery down to nothing, recharged it, then did the hard reset and took it oof the charger at 1:00 yesterday. Made telephone calls, checked emails, surfed the web, streamed some audio, played Trivial Pursuit and Air Hockey with my son (bluetooth was on the entire time) and just now, at 8:20 p.m. a day-and-a-half later, after doing all of that and leaving it off the charger that entire time, my battery was down to 5% and I put it back on the charger. I'd say the cycling down and hard reset really worked for me in ramping up the battery life!
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    Well, the hard reset didn't work for me. However, as was pointed out earlier, I did turn the auto-clock option ON after the hard reset. Yesterday I decided to disable that option. I took the 680 off the charger at around 6 PM yesterday. Even after web surfing a bit, and streaming about 20 minutes of video, it was still at 99% when I went to bed. When I woke up this morning it was at 97%. Wow, I think I found the culprit. (For me anyway - too bad it doesn't appear to be consistent for everybody)

BTW - phone on, BT off, IR off
    i wonder why the auto-clock option seems to be sucking so much power. on my 650, it seemed like the auto-clock option only checked and updated the clock when i either made a call, or checked my voicemail (at least those are the only times i would notice the clock skipping ahead if it were behind or if i had recently pulled the battery) ... as if the feature only functioned when i was connected to cingular in some manner, as opposed to just checking randomly on its own perhaps?
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie View Post
    Well this is unusable for me also ... like so many others I am trying to hang in there since I really do love this phone (I stepped up from a 600 so it really makes a difference). BUT I cannot get through a day with one battery .. and last night I did a test where I charged the phone then simply unplugged it and left it on my desk ie i did NOTHING with it .. that was 11pm last night and now at 5PM the next day it is dead ... That is only 13 hours of battery with me not using the phone. I have also switched off IR & Bluetooth and had email polling switched off (I use snapper and check manually).

I have been using this phone now since last Wed and it is NOT getting better. I also tried the hard reset on a full charge - no diff!? HELP.
    18 hours. 11pm -> 11am = 12 hours. 11am -> 5pm = 6 hours.

Still short though.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytee View Post
    18 hours. 11pm -> 11am = 12 hours. 11am -> 5pm = 6 hours.

Still short though.
    Yeah thanks that was a typo .. the 3 should be an 8

... and yes still unacceptable. I guess the definition of 'standby' must be flexible .. phone powered off perhaps?
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie View Post
    Yeah thanks that was a typo .. the 3 should be an 8

... and yes still unacceptable. I guess the definition of 'standby' must be flexible .. phone powered off perhaps?
    hehe... probably battery removed
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123