1.    #1  
    I just switched to a 680 from a 650. I did a clean install and have no problems except the email application will not connect to the network. If i go to Blazer it connects and i can browse the web without a problem. SMS come and go fine. My email settings are correct. I even installed Chatter to try a different application and it also fails to connect to the network. Using the native email application i get the following messages when i try and retrieve messages...

Signing on
    Canceling....
    Network connection could not be established.

After the green arrows in the status bar change to the black triangle.

Since everything else on my phone seems to be working and my 650 worked fine yesterday it is either a change in the version of Versamail or a change in my carrier right? To further isolate the problem, my girlfriend also had a 650 and now has a 680. She is using a different carrier that uses the same equipment (rural Alaska) our settings are virtually identical yet her 680 sends and receives mail just fine. Aside from changing carriers can anyone see any other options?
    Visor Deluxe (green) > Visor Prism > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Centro
    My personal website is Ryan McFarland
  2.    #2  
    The "solution" was switching to a different carrier and paying for a more expensive data package that "has treo users in mind". $40 per month plus voice and plus a text/mms package. Horse apples.
    Visor Deluxe (green) > Visor Prism > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Centro
    My personal website is Ryan McFarland