1.    #1  
    I think I've found a bug with the phone app. It looks like it duplicates all the entries in the favorites list every time I do a reset. I remove the duplicate entries and the next time I reset (or when the 680 crashes and resets itself) they're all back again.

Anyone else notice this?

(P.S. My 680 got into some weird state: I'd run the bluetooth utility, click the "on" button to turn on bluetooth, the "please wait" message appeared, and the unit restarted. It did this about 4 times until I did a battery-removal reset.)
    Quote Originally Posted by treonoid View Post
    I think I've found a bug with the phone app. It looks like it duplicates all the entries in the favorites list every time I do a reset. I remove the duplicate entries and the next time I reset (or when the 680 crashes and resets itself) they're all back again.

Anyone else notice this?

(P.S. My 680 got into some weird state: I'd run the bluetooth utility, click the "on" button to turn on bluetooth, the "please wait" message appeared, and the unit restarted. It did this about 4 times until I did a battery-removal reset.)
    Did you upgrade from a prior Treo Device? If so, did you just sync over the same user ID and backup from that device. This behavior sounds like some of the things that happen when you do not do a Clean Install, which is the first sticky thread described in this forum "Upgrading".

I suggest , instaed of a soft reset, doing a hard reset and then going back and doing the Clean Install method.

HTH
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
    No, you've got some incompatible or buggy software. Mine's never done that. It's probably what's causing your crashes and resets also.

Anyone else notice this?

Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the suggestions guys. I did, in fact, transfer all my data and a few apps from an old 600. I'll look into removing old apps and data, but I'm resisting doing a whole clean install again. (I had to do a hard reset and restore from backup after losing most of my calendar data the first time I tried syncing with The Missing Sync. Works fine now but the "first time" was evil. Followed their "read me" to the letter, lost lots of data. Great first impression...)

That bluetooth reset problem only happened once, and a warm reset "fixed" it.
  5.    #5  
    I fixed the problem by deleting the few favorites I'd added. (The Voicemail, Email, and Messaging faves are hard-coded and can't be deleted.) When I added some faves to the list, the duplication problem stopped.
    I fixed the problem by deleting the few favorites I'd added. (The Voicemail, Email, and Messaging faves are hard-coded and can't be deleted.) When I added some faves to the list, the duplication problem stopped.

That happened to me too. I deleted some Favorites I had added on my 680. The hard-coded ones stayed and I kept two Faves. I have a spare battery and when I swapped it, i noticed all those faves i deleted came back! Weird. I too came from a 600 to a 680. I can't remember now if I sync'd over the same user ID. I know I ended up syncing twice because I have a different User Id now and I deleted my old user id.

Since I already have all my 680 data on my Palm Desktop, should i do a hard reset and sync over again? I deleted all the old apps that my 600 was using. Everything seems to working fine except this duplicating of my favorites coming back. If I sync over again, do I create another user id?

I did read the sticky of moving from 600-650. I'm just hesitant to do the hard reset thing. Thanks..
    Quote Originally Posted by ott858 View Post
    That happened to me too. I deleted some Favorites I had added on my 680. The hard-coded ones stayed and I kept two Faves. I have a spare battery and when I swapped it, i noticed all those faves i deleted came back! Weird. I too came from a 600 to a 680. I can't remember now if I sync'd over the same user ID. I know I ended up syncing twice because I have a different User Id now and I deleted my old user id.

Since I already have all my 680 data on my Palm Desktop, should i do a hard reset and sync over again? I deleted all the old apps that my 600 was using. Everything seems to working fine except this duplicating of my favorites coming back. If I sync over again, do I create another user id?

I did read the sticky of moving from 600-650. I'm just hesitant to do the hard reset thing. Thanks..
    Hello, well I just deleted all my favorites again. (w the exception of the hard-coded ones). I took out the battery and put it back in (reset) and when I checked my Favorites, they all came back!

Should I go ahead and do a hard reset? I'm not sure what to do. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Aileen
    No hard reset necessary.
    1: Install FileZ
    2: Delete PhoneFavoritesDB.pdb or PhoneFavorites2DB.pdb
    Quote Originally Posted by ReuIsmil View Post
    No hard reset necessary.
    1: Install FileZ
    2: Delete PhoneFavoritesDB.pdb or PhoneFavorites2DB.pdb
    I deleted both .pdb files and it worked! After I deleted the files, there was nothing on my Favorites list -even the hard coded faves were gone. I added a couple of faves and then I removed my battery so it would reset. I checked my Favorites and only the ones I added were there. Now I have that first spot avail for something else and not the voicemail -i always wanted to remove that.
    Thank you for your help! ~a
    They will come back after a hard reset and if you do not restore from your backup so be sure to redo the steps
  11.    #11  
    Not to dwell, but here's the official Palm fix:
    http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...tKB,CASE=39473
    The old PhoneFavoriesDB records are appended to the new PhoneFavorites2DB on every reset. Go figure. Deleting the old file eliminates the prob.
    You can delete the hard-coded faves using FileZ. Edit the PhoneFavorites2DB.pdb.