Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. harps70's Avatar
    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
       #1  
    This is for all those Australian based members.
    Have any of you seen the Treo 680 for sale in Australia and at what price?

    Organiser World here in Melbourne has it listed to arrive 15/1/07 and is taking pre orders for $799 which includes 1GS SD card.

    Expansys.com has it for sale for $783.15 including P&H, with delivery within next day as have "15" in stock.

    Any other sightings?????
    Palm IIIx > m505 > Tungsten T > T5 > Red BlackBerry Pearl 8110 (only device work IT will allow!)
  2. #2  
    A response, supposedly from Palm Aust, on colours..

    "For now, we believe that in the Asia Pacific region, only the Graphite version of the Treo 680 has been released for sale and distribution. We regret to inform you that we have not received any updates from our Sales Department on whether they would release the other versions (colors) of the Treo 680 in the region. "
  3. Mavoz's Avatar
    Posts
    165 Posts
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    #3  
    G'day mate...expansys.com.au actually got a shipment in last week...I managed to get the last one because I'd pre paid. They had around 150 of them apparently...but they all went to pre orders only. The guy said their phone had been ringing constantly with queries about the Treo 680....in fact his quote was something like "You're ringing about the 680? I should just put a note on the answering machine...because that is the only thing people are ringing about at the moment!")

    When I was in there Wednesday to collect mine...he said they were expecting another shipment soon...if you want it..I'd suggest you ring up and pre order...+ pre pay....not sure if the 'in stock' means 'available in stock' or not...have you rung them? While the website says 'in stock' they might all be already allocated.

    I got mine for $729 - but that was a good deal..because apparently they realised they should have been charging more.....

    Graphite is the only color available...

    btw...it was my first dealing with Expansys....and they handled the order well...ie. my experience was positive!

    I also got the car kit...which seemed like a pretty good deal at $29 or so.

    All the best...let us know how you get on...good to hear of other Aussies getting them!
  4. harps70's Avatar
    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
       #4  
    I'm as keen as mustard to get one, but as I want to use it for work and utilise push e-mail, I've got the IT department to deal with!
    We use Lotus Notes (you can stop laughing now!) therefore unless Blackberry Connect or Good Link is support and through Telstra I'm push **** up a hill!

    I've bought my last couple of Palms from Organiser World so I'll wait until they have one in stock to review before purchasing.

    Just hope the price drops a bit - closer to $700 - to justify. My T5 is only 16 months old.
    Palm IIIx > m505 > Tungsten T > T5 > Red BlackBerry Pearl 8110 (only device work IT will allow!)
  5. Mavoz's Avatar
    Posts
    165 Posts
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by harps View Post
    I'm as keen as mustard to get one, but as I want to use it for work and utilise push e-mail, I've got the IT department to deal with!
    We use Lotus Notes (you can stop laughing now!) therefore unless Blackberry Connect or Good Link is support and through Telstra I'm push **** up a hill!

    I've bought my last couple of Palms from Organiser World so I'll wait until they have one in stock to review before purchasing.

    Just hope the price drops a bit - closer to $700 - to justify. My T5 is only 16 months old.
    The other thing I very nearly did was order the thing in the US...if you know anyone there that can send it out for you..then you'll save a bundle...(Palm store US won't ship OS)

    If I got my research right you don't have to pay duty on amounts under $1000. The other bonus of this option would be getting a choice of colour!

    Only negative might be warranty issues...(I think an Aussie power adaptor comes bundled in the US box)
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavoz View Post
    The other thing I very nearly did was order the thing in the US...if you know anyone there that can send it out for you..then you'll save a bundle...(Palm store US won't ship OS)
    also will ship to Canada.
  7. harps70's Avatar
    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
       #7  
    Good suggestion. And then you can choose the colour! From reading the other forums the USB conector power adaptor for my T5 will work (as is same for Treo650) therefore powering up wont be a problem.

    However the lotus notes issue has me a little spooked. I currenlty don't sync my T5 to my work laptop, instead only sync to my mac here at home. The work sync kept crashing and corrupting data so I gave up. As I want to use the 680 for work and receiving e-mail on the go I have to sync it to my work laptop. Our IT department has no idea with Palm OS, wherease they have a bit (only a small bit) of experience with Windows Mobile.

    Just got to convience the minister of finance to allow me to spend the money.
    Palm IIIx > m505 > Tungsten T > T5 > Red BlackBerry Pearl 8110 (only device work IT will allow!)
  8. #8  
    Received for Palm Australasia

    Palm are pleased to advise of the availability of our new Treo 680 Smartphone. With Email, Messaging, Web, Photos and Songs, it is everything your next phone should be.

    The 650 (edit 680) Smartphone is available now at Harvey Norman Stores and from the 15th January at all Major retailers such as **** Smith, Harris Technology and OfficeWorks for $799. The Treo 680 Smartphone is approved for use on the Optus and Vodafone networks.
  9. Mavoz's Avatar
    Posts
    165 Posts
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Received for Palm Australasia

    Palm are pleased to advise of the availability of our new Treo 680 Smartphone. With Email, Messaging, Web, Photos and Songs, it is everything your next phone should be.

    The 650 (edit 680) Smartphone is available now at Harvey Norman Stores and from the 15th January at all Major retailers such as **** Smith, Harris Technology and OfficeWorks for $799. The Treo 680 Smartphone is approved for use on the Optus and Vodafone networks.
    The big thing us Aussies are going to have to figure out is good data options...as mentioned in the 'data - what do u pay and use' thread...we tend to pay a premium down under..but there are a few options out there..check out the thread re data for some of the ideas listed...
  10. #10  
    I've had mine for about a week now. Got it from expansys. Must say that the service was great; they delivered from Melb to the Gold Coast 2 days after the order.

Posting Permissions