1. MED
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Any one using pssh on 680? It seems to partially work for me. I'm connecting to an Asterisk box running CentOS. I can't cd into the root directory, I get the following "-bash: cd: root: Permission denied". I also can't get into the Asterisk console by typing "asterisk -r". Do I need to change some settings or will pssh not let me do this?
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    Sounds like you might be having a problem with your linux box and not pssh.

When you try to "cd" into "/root" are you logged in as root? The "Permission Denied" message you're getting is coming from your linux box and NOT pssh. Essentially, pssh should work like any other terminal type program.

FYI: I've been using pssh on my 700p without incident for about a month now and have not encountered any stability issues.
    So far so good on my 680 .. although I use a different shell. Awesome cannot live without it app!
  4. MED
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I don't have any problems with using PuTTY from my laptop. Does it matter if I'm using the original version of pssh or should I use the version that was modified for the 650 (http://www.nekito.net/~sachs/palm/)
  5. MED
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spiVeyx View Post
    Sounds like you might be having a problem with your linux box and not pssh.

When you try to "cd" into "/root" are you logged in as root? The "Permission Denied" message you're getting is coming from your linux box and NOT pssh. Essentially, pssh should work like any other terminal type program.
    Oh wait a minute, I think I was logging in as admin, not root. Will try again.
  6. MED
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Ok, it helps if you log in as the right person. I'm in love now. This alone will justify my purchase of the 680.
  7. MED
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Though it appears pssh is sucking my 680 battery down noticeably quick.
    I posted a patch to pssh that fixes the 5-way nav problems on the 680 (and 700p too, I think) earlier today.

http://www.nekito.net/~sachs/palm