Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am getting the following message when I hotsync:

Voice Memo
    Voice Memo conduit cannot synchronize with the Voice Memo database on the Handheld, because the version of the database on the Handheld or the desktop does not match that expected by the Voice Memo conduit.

I have already a "repaired" the Plam Desktop/HotSync software.

Any thoughts?
    Dennis G. Esler
    I got the same error. I am running Palm Desktop on a Mac.
    I'm getting the same message. Discovered any solutions? I haven't tried to solve it much yet as I don't use the voice memos yet.

Hope we can get an answer soon.
    Christy
    Palm user since 2000: Handspring Visor Deluxe (Blue) -> Tungsten C -> Treo 680

SAHM with not enough time to crochet/knit, cross stitch, "geek" (w/ my computer and/or Treo)
    YUp, I'm joining this crowd too! I went to the Palm site in their support section and found this info: Put your sodas down - you'll snort when you read it!

Solution ID: 14187

Voice Recorder memos can only be accessed on the smartphone

The Treo 700p smartphone includes a Voice Memo application that lets you record audio notes. These voice memos can be played back on your smartphone.

This smartphone does not include a conduit for transferring voice memos to your desktop PC. If you see a HotSync conduit for Voice Memo, this is most likely a carryover from a previous Palm device that included a voice memo conduit, such as the LifeDrive mobile manager. The conduit will not transfer voice memos from your Treo 700p smartphone to your desktop PC.

You can't listen to voice memos on your desktop PC without the included software
    To play back voice memos, use your smartphone's Voice Memo application. The Palm Desktop and HotSync Manager applications do not include the ability to play voice memos on your desktop PC.

Extra software to listen to voice memos on your desktop PC
    You can download third-party software that lets you listen to a voice memo on your desktop PC. This software is PureVoice Player-Recorder software from Qualcomm. Support for this software is not provided by Palm.

To install:

Follow the installation instructions here:

Windows: XP | 2000 | ME | 98 | 95 | NT 3.5
    Mac OS X: Support for Mac OS X is not planned
    Other: See the README links here - PureVoice Player-Recorder
    Download: PureVoice Player-Recorder software from CDMAtech.com
    Once the software is installed, go to the Voice Memo application on your smartphone. Select a recording you to play on your desktop PC.
    Press Menu and select Send...
    On the "Send With" screen, select VersaMail, then select OK.
    A VersaMail email screen will open. Enter your email address in the "To" field and add any notes to clarify what the recording is about. When ready, select Send.
    On your desktop PC, check your email. You should see an email with an attachment that ends in ".qcp" (such as 7_10_06 1134 am.qcp).
    Double-click the attachment. The voice memo will open in the PureVoice application.
    Note: the presence of a third party product in this article should be not be construed as an endorsement of that product, nor should its absence be considered a denigration. Palm does not manufacture any third-party products mentioned above, and cannot provide support for them. If you purchase a third-party product and require help with it, contact the manufacturer.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Well I was getting this error, too. I had voice recording/playing software on my Tungsten C and thought it might have been a conflict that somehow creeped into my new desktop install for the Treo680. It's hard to believe we cannot transfer voicemails to the pc ... how dumb is that? The manual led me to believe it was possible to transfer voice memos in ram to the desktop, just not any from the card. However, neither transfer for me because of that error.

So far that is my only issue, and one I can live with because I use Agendus and it will record and play voice memos and transfer them to the pc.
    Is there a way to save the Voice Memo on the SD card?
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    Is there a way to save the Voice Memo on the SD card?
    If there is I haven't found it yet. This is the third thing ticking me off about the Voice Memo app. First, the treo has to be on for the voice memo button to work. That's completely stupid. Second, you can't HotSync the memos. The voice memo issue is the only thing that makes me miss my T3.
    ~Jessi~

Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic
    Quote Originally Posted by jessi_9783 View Post
    If there is I haven't found it yet. This is the third thing ticking me off about the Voice Memo app. First, the treo has to be on for the voice memo button to work. That's completely stupid. Second, you can't HotSync the memos. The voice memo issue is the only thing that makes me miss my T3.
    There's a shareware app called CallRec that you can use to record 2-way conversations on the phone, or to record voice memos. It compresses them and stores them on the SD card. For me, it's well worth the few bucks it costs and it's worked flawlessly on my 680. I use a double-click of the side key to start and stop recording, and then I use a press and hold of the side key to launch the native Prefs.

http://palmgear.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=software.showsoftware&siteid=1&prodid=115648&s_kwcid=callrec|528025870
    Can you use the side key even when the treo is off?
    ~Jessi~

Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic
    I also find it perplexing that you can't sink voice memos, move voice memos, etc.

I have transfered them to my laptop using Bluetooth. It's worked nicely on smaller files (a couple minutes). On longer files (a 10 minute meeting I tried to record) it failed (said it couldn't establish connection). The file appeared on my computer as a .amr, which so far only Quicktime can play. I haven't found a converter yet.

I also tried mVoice, but it severely slowed down my system (even made watching movies in Core Player impossible) so I had to remove it.

Maybe Call Rec would work?
    Can you use the side key even when the treo is off?
    I hadn't tried this before, but I just tested it and it does work with the phone off.

Also, I just in the last few minutes ran across another application, called RecorderX, and it looks like it does everything CallRec does, but also allows for auto recording of all phone calls, or just select numbers (both incoming and outgoing). I'm getting ready to try that.

EDIT: Just tried RecorderX and it works great, too. It also records using the side button when the phone is off. Just tested the autorecord set to a specific phone number, as well, both incoming and outgoing. It worked with the outgoing call, but I couldn't get it to work with incoming.
    Last edited by ChristieC; 02/02/2007 at 10:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rener View Post
    I also find it perplexing that you can't sink voice memos, move voice memos, etc.

I have transfered them to my laptop using Bluetooth. It's worked nicely on smaller files (a couple minutes). On longer files (a 10 minute meeting I tried to record) it failed (said it couldn't establish connection). The file appeared on my computer as a .amr, which so far only Quicktime can play. I haven't found a converter yet.

I also tried mVoice, but it severely slowed down my system (even made watching movies in Core Player impossible) so I had to remove it.

Maybe Call Rec would work?
    You can use CardReader on the Treo or any other card reader application to get the sound from the SD card to your PC. Also, I think CallRec has a conduit built in for this.
    How can Card Reader get the built-in Treo Voice Memo's off the Treo? I couldn't even find a way to move them from the Treo to SD?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    I hadn't tried this before, but I just tested it and it does work with the phone off.

Also, I just in the last few minutes ran across another application, called RecorderX, and it looks like it does everything CallRec does, but also allows for auto recording of all phone calls, or just select numbers (both incoming and outgoing). I'm getting ready to try that.

EDIT: Just tried RecorderX and it works great, too. It also records using the side button when the phone is off. Just tested the autorecord set to a specific phone number, as well, both incoming and outgoing. It worked with the outgoing call, but I couldn't get it to work with incoming.
    Cool, thank Christie!
    ~Jessi~

Quote Originally Posted by rener View Post
    How can Card Reader get the built-in Treo Voice Memo's off the Treo? I couldn't even find a way to move them from the Treo to SD?
    Sorry, I must have misunderstood what you were asking. When you said "maybe CallRec would work," I thought you were asking if you would be able to move voice memos recorded on CallRec to your PC -- and you can, pretty easily, with either CallRec or RecorderX. I don't know of a way to move built-in Treo voice memos, which is why I was recommending CallRec to begin with.
    Cool, thank Christie!
    Jessi, I realized that you and I might not be talking about the same thing here. Both CallRec and RecorderX will record voice memos to the SD card with the phone (radio)off. However, if your Treo is in sleep mode, you have to wake it up by pressing the power button and the center button on the 5-way to use the voice recorder, since the keyguard kicks in when the phone is asleep.
    If there was no way to move the Voice Memo to the card, then that's a step backwards for Palm (this company is prone to idiotic things like removing the mic altogether from the TX). I recall with my old T3, I could copy to SD with the built in Voice recorder.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Yes, from the looks of the Palm KB, they have deliberately removed the ability to move the voice memo files by any means other than 'sending' (ir/bt/email).

And if you try to use old conduits (from previous Palm's), you receive an error.

Inexcusable loss of functionality/usability.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    Jessi, I realized that you and I might not be talking about the same thing here. Both CallRec and RecorderX will record voice memos to the SD card with the phone (radio)off. However, if your Treo is in sleep mode, you have to wake it up by pressing the power button and the center button on the 5-way to use the voice recorder, since the keyguard kicks in when the phone is asleep.
    Bummer. I know I'm in the minority here but I don't use keyguard. It's such a shame to have a side but that's completely useless, IMO. Thanks again Christie.
    ~Jessi~

Total agreement with all in this thread - Voice Memo 1.4 is a MAJOR step backwards. And to top it off, mine won't even let me "Send..." a voice memo. Tapping the "envelope" or the "Send..." menu option results in (wait for it) NOTHING. The Beam option still works but is slower than (provide your own analogy here). I LOVED my old T|C's ability to grab a thought with only some minor messing-around (plug-in the microphone) and have that thought available on the desktop, albeit through Qualcomm's buggy player.

I'm wondering about replacing the .prc for voicememo with my old TC's .prc... Has anybody tried that with any success yet?

Thanks!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast