Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Oops.
    Sharp Wizards & Casio BOSS Organizers
    PalmPilot 500 & Pro > Handspring Visor & Prism
    Compaq Aero 1550 & 3300
    Handspring Treo 90 > PalmOne Tungsten C > Palm Treo 700P
    The hotsync error message is due to new voice memo application incompatibility with prior palm voice memo applications. As noted by others, this new voicememo doesn't hot sync. no way, no how. So how to make hotsync stop trying to sync? I found several voicememo files with various extensions in C:Program Files/Palm. I added the extension ".BAK" to all of them. this eleminated the error message for me. If you also hot sync other palms with a version of voice memo that works with hot sync, this may not work for you. Also note there are some files in the directory that begin with "VM" I think these are for VersaMail, so you might want to leave them alone. I suspect only the VoiceMemo.dll file needs to be renamed, but didn't test that. Of course if this fix creates problems, you can easily retore things by renaming the files back to their orginal names.

If anyone finds a conduit that works with the new voicememo application, I'd usre like ot hear about it.

There is an application from Qualcomm, PureVoice, that records and plays the .qcp files, if you e-mail them to a PC (MAC & UNIX versions available too). Google "qcp converter" for a long list of other programs that convert to/from qcp/mp3/wav etc.
    Last edited by pgehlar; 04/27/2007 at 11:47 AM. Reason: grammer/spelling errors, added info about playing/converting qcp files.
    Quote Originally Posted by pgehlar View Post
    I found several voicememo files with various extensions in C:Program Files/Palm. I added the extension ".BAK" to all of them. this eleminated the error message for me.

Any comparable solution on a Mac?

/I assume that the "C:Program Files/Palm" was in reference to a PC file location.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12