1.    #1  
    so, my 650 has been acting weird lately.. it went into continous reset the other day but i reset it and its fixed.. do not know what caused it. then, the mute button which i have setup for vibrate, sometimes makes the phone vibrate and sometimes doesnt. most of the time doesnt. I have an issue with this because I cannot stand annoying ring tones when I am dealing with people daily, I use vibrate.

The dilemma is I called lock line and they said they are replacing with 700p, but they suggested going to a service center first. The service center says if its not fixable they will replace it but with a 650. I am thinking, 50 dollars and I can have an upgraded model.

So what would you guys do, and what can I do to make it so I dont have to go to the service center?
    Run it over with your truck. JK
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by captaindan View Post
    Run it over with your truck. JK
    how did you know i had a truck...[CREEPY]-----J/K
  4.    #4  
    ok well... my treo 700 will be here in 3 to 7 days! so this post can be closed.

but for informational reasons. I called and told them I am having issues they said ok what are they.. i told them and then they asked if has been dropped or any liquids spilled on it, i said no, they said ok. I asked if they are replacing with 650 the lady said well unfortunately they no longer have 650 but the good news is I will get a 700. so the total of around 500 bux i paid for the 600 and 650 (600 i bought for 200, 650 paid 300) is no longer questioned by me... hehehe!
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Did you ask them how this "upgrade" would affect the cost of your data plan? If not, you may be in for some sticker shock.
    Safety and happiness can only come from individuals, classes, and nations being honest and fair and kind to each other.
    - C.S. Lewis
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by 4ster View Post
    Did you ask them how this "upgrade" would affect the cost of your data plan? If not, you may be in for some sticker shock.
    crap i sure didnt... but i have the vision with sprint, so how much could it change?
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Safety and happiness can only come from individuals, classes, and nations being honest and fair and kind to each other.
    - C.S. Lewis
    I've had a 650 since May and I am paying my $6 a month for Insurance (thru VZ & Insurion). Do you think now is the time to stop the insurance on the 650 if they're discontinuing it?
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    The question to ask is, if my dog eats my Treo, and I have no insurance, what then?

Really without insurance, your only recourse would be to buy a used 650 off eBay or possibly extend your contract in order to get a new phone (if they let you).
    - C.S. Lewis
    Quote Originally Posted by Julie K View Post
    I've had a 650 since May and I am paying my $6 a month for Insurance (thru VZ & Insurion). Do you think now is the time to stop the insurance on the 650 if they're discontinuing it?
    Hi Julie!

The fact that it is now a discontinued product should not effect your decision to insure it or not. The 650 provides you with a certain utility that would need to be replaced if it was lost or damaged -- without insurance, what would it cost you to replace that utility? That is the decision. Insurance will provide you with a replacement 650, or possibly a 700P. How much would you have to pay to obtain that for yourself?

Cheers, Perry.
    Dropped my 650 and cracked the LCD (would you believe it was only from the dash to the floor of the car and was in its case!). Contacted Lockline, they gave me the 'replacing it with a 700p' line. But wait, we don't have any 700ps, and will not for up to 10 days. Then they say we have no 650s, but then say wait, we have refurbished 650s.

Well, I was tempted to wait on the 700p, but then I realized I don't really want to change my plan to a PowerVision plan (I'm grandfathered with free vision service)

So, even though the say that the 700p is the replacement, they don't have many!

BTW - got my refurb two days later, works good, looks good.

Plus I appreciate that the 650 appears to be a little more stable than the 700p
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 4ster View Post
    The question to ask is, if my dog eats my Treo, and I have no insurance, what then?
    Then you hurry and find a vet. Besides, which are you more worried about? Your dog or your treo? (my precious)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoeingPilot View Post
    (I'm grandfathered with free vision service)
    Sweet. I only pay $10.00, but free is better.

If I do need to have a replacement (and I feel the need coming on) I will request a reburbished 650, I'm not that impressed with the newer models.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    I don't believe you necessarily have to upgrade to power vision. I still have the old vision on my plan and I get evdo.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I'm on Verizon and lost my 650 this weekend. Yes I'm insured. The problem is I don;t subscribe to a data plan, I have pay as you go data and I don;t use it. If I make a claim are they going to force me to change my plan and pay for a data plan? Any Verizon users have any comments?

Thanks

Michael
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ion++ View Post
    Then you hurry and find a vet. Besides, which are you more worried about? Your dog or your treo? (my precious)
    I would just consider that to be an upgraded dog.
    - C.S. Lewis
    Hey, I thought I was the only one with the 'grandfathered' plan for $10.

And someone said they now have the EVDO plan for $10 because of the 'grandfathered plan'.

How do I get that new 700p then?

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)