Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    In buying this battery, it seems to, if anything, drain faster than the OEM battery.

Is there some conditioning regimen that I should undertake? Or is it a defective battery?
    If it doesn't have a slot for SDHC--I don't want it. Period.
    I had the same problem. I did the so called conditioning. Run it down then keep it topped off. Didn't work.

I called Seidio and got no where. I decided to throw it out because I was afraid to put another of their lousy products in my Treo for fear of destroying the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Squires View Post
    In buying this battery, it seems to, if anything, drain faster than the OEM battery.

Is there some conditioning regimen that I should undertake? Or is it a defective battery?
    I initially had the same problem and went back to the original palm battery until a couple of days ago there was a post (by Perry) which suggested conditioning the battery by drawing it down and re-charging four or five times then keeping the battery "topped off". I tried that suggestion and although I am not a "power user", my battery is at 56% two days after my last charge.
    Legalbeagle
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by mesplin@earthli View Post
    I initially had the same problem and went back to the original palm battery until a couple of days ago there was a post (by Perry) which suggested conditioning the battery by drawing it down and re-charging four or five times then keeping the battery "topped off". I tried that suggestion and although I am not a "power user", my battery is at 56% two days after my last charge.

Aha..... I'll try that routine. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I asked Seido directly to answer this question here and so far have gotten ZERO response.
    Inspiring isn't it?
    I too am not impressed with this battery's life.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Crap, I just bought this battery 10 mins ago, but from the TC store after reading about the suspect cust service from Seidio. I hope I don't regret it.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dwman View Post
    Crap, I just bought this battery 10 mins ago, but from the TC store after reading about the suspect cust service from Seidio. I hope I don't regret it.
    I think you'll be okay. I have several Seidio products and haven't had an issue with any.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    I just got this battery yesterday. So far, it seems as though it is draining fast than my OEM. I ran it all the way down to 3% last night before plugging it in, and had 100% this morning. 1 hour later without using it at all yet, it had 91%. Hopefully after a couple of charges, it will last longer.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Once your battery is installed, you might want to do a soft reset while the charger is attached. According to Palm, this is how you calibrate the battery to the gauge.
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch3 View Post
    Once your battery is installed, you might want to do a soft reset while the charger is attached. According to Palm, this is how you calibrate the battery to the gauge.
    I have also seen, where the battery should be showing "fully charged" when you do this. . . . .
  11.    #11  
    I did all this and it seems to have helped.

But you know how come it's necessary? You get the Palm OEM battery and it works out of the gate. it's a total pain in the **** conditioning a battery as large as this. Why does the Palm OEM battery work fine and this one needs conditioning?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Squires View Post
    I did all this and it seems to have helped.

But you know how come it's necessary? You get the Palm OEM battery and it works out of the gate. it's a total pain in the **** conditioning a battery as large as this. Why does the Palm OEM battery work fine and this one needs conditioning?
    Mark,

We've found in our own testing that the conditioning is not necessary. The only thing we suggest is giving your battery an 8 hour charge the first time. All lithium-ion batteries work better after a few charges. I suspect that it's actually the multiple charges that are bringing the battery up to speed and not necessarily the draining process.

Thanks,

Seidio
    forums@seidio.com
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    I suspect that it's actually the multiple charges that are bringing the battery up to speed and not necessarily the draining process.

Thanks,

Seidio
    forums@seidio.com
    That makes more sense than the discharge nonsense people are doing since Lithium-Ion batteries are supposed to be charged early and often. They also like to be topped off whenever possible.
    Well, I'm on my third charge with this new battery, and I am really hoping to see this get better... So far, this has been a waste of money. My six month old OEM battery lasts longer, and doesn't take nearly as long to charge! If this doesn't improve in the next few days, I am going to end up returning it...
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by sideman7 View Post
    Well, I'm on my third charge with this new battery, and I am really hoping to see this get better... So far, this has been a waste of money. My six month old OEM battery lasts longer, and doesn't take nearly as long to charge! If this doesn't improve in the next few days, I am going to end up returning it...
    I've run the battery down about 4 times and while that improved things, I'd still say it seems no better than the 1800mzh OEM.
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    Does it hold a better charge with the sync cable vs. the AC charger, this has been mentioned on another thread.
    I have the 2400mah battery for the 750 and it works great, and gives double the battery life of my OEM version.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by ktm97 View Post
    Does it hold a better charge with the sync cable vs. the AC charger, this has been mentioned on another thread.
    I charge almost always with a sync cable, so I can't really answer. Even when I'm on the road, I use an adapter plug with sync cable.

But so far I've learned
    --I should charge one way or the other
    --I have to run the battery down multiple times

Even if those things worked for me, it's a royal PITA.
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    I have the 2400mah battery for the 750 and it works great, and gives double the battery life of my OEM version.
    Did you brake the battery in (as mentioned earlier in this thread) or did you just plug it in and not worry about running it down to 5-10% three to five times?

Tks
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by ktm97 View Post
    I have a really tough time believing one method would have any difference over the other... Mine is being charged in a Palm cradle with the sync chord with the power adapter plugged into the back of it. It's taking just short of 4 hours for a full charge with the Seidio battery versus about 2.5 hours for the OEM battery on my 700p. I can normally go a full 24 hours before a recharge with the OEM (and about 30% left), but the new battery "with 33% more capacitiy" is about to shut the phone off in the same period.

Like I said before, I'll give this another couple of days, but so far my impression is that the "extended capacity" of this battery is a load of crap.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast