Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Hello Palm experts! I was wondering if someone can help me out. I've installed the Palm software, fully charged and connected my brand new 680 (computer did recognize it), but when I press the Hotsync button I hear a triple beap from the computer and Hotsync process does not start. After a while, Treo screen says "connection could not be established". What's wrong? Is this my firewall?

BTW, I am not upgrading from 650, so this is a clean install.

Any thoughts are GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I have this problem as well. However, I am able to get the hotsync to work by pressing hotsync on on sreen of my Treo. For some reason it just won't sync by pressing the button on the cable. I'm sure someone has the real solution.
    Usually, if the button press doesn't activate a hotsynch on your Treo, then the contacts between the Treo and the Hotsynch cable might be bad. If the button press doesn't work, but tapping hotsynch on the Treo works, then at least the contacts are good. Maybe the button went bad.

If the button press initiates a hotsynch on your Treo, but the computer doesn't respond/initiate a hotsynch, then either: 1) the contacts between the hotsych cable and USB port aren't right, or 2) the cable (wire portion) is bad, or 3) the computer is not recognizing the USB device, or 4) Hotsynch manager is not turned on or functioning properly.
    at&t Treo 680, SW 2.11-ATT
    Cingular Treo 650 Unlocked, SW 1.17-CNG/FW 1.51
    When you installed the software on your computer did you make sure that a) you were logged in as yourself and have Windows Admin priveleges and b) that you turned off ALL other running applications, especially Windows Firewall and any Antivirus.

Which USB slot are you using? Hotsync really likes power so USB0 on the back of your computer, attached to the motherboard or a powered hub are your best choices.

Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by rjdoc74 View Post
    Hello Palm experts! I was wondering if someone can help me out. I've installed the Palm software, fully charged and connected my brand new 680 (computer did recognize it), but when I press the Hotsync button I hear a triple beap from the computer and Hotsync process does not start. After a while, Treo screen says "connection could not be established". What's wrong? Is this my firewall?

BTW, I am not upgrading from 650, so this is a clean install.

Any thoughts are GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks.
    I ran into the same issue. I used my Windows Control Panel to un-install the Palm desktop. I then re0installed from the CD and things work fine now.
    Dennis G. Esler