1.    #1  
    I've been struggling with Versamail for a few days and think I need someone to tell me to "move along, nothing to see here"

- In both POP and IMAP, I'm having sync issues where messages still show on the Treo even after they are long gone from the server.

- In POP, all messages are downloaded every time, even if I delete them on the Treo, set it to delete messages on the server, or set it to only d/l unread messages.

- I've also run into the "no accounts available" insanity when I was experimenting with accounts because I hotsync with a Mac. Fortunately, I did a hard reset and reverted to my last daily backup (before the experiments) to get some free account space back.

Can these problems be overcome or is Versamail only good for an account that is solely accessed on the Treo?

I already have snapper setup on my palm and it works just the way I want it to. I've been trying to use versa because the UI is cleaner and I like the addressing auto-complete better than snapper's method of taking you to the contacts list.

Thanks
    Try deleting the offending VersaMail account off the Treo and then re-create it with exactly the same settings (overtyping settings does not accomplish the task). This has cured my and others "non-delete issues" in the past. Why an account suddenly becomes "corrupted" and needs this re-creation, I have not a clue.

Cheers, Perry.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Messages don't delete on the server from Versamail. I have the same problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by bsudyk View Post
    Messages don't delete on the server from Versamail. I have the same problems.
    Did you do the the above delete and re-create of the offending account within VersaMail on the Treo?

And just to state the obvious:

You delete off the Treo by checking the box that says delete off both the server and the Treo and then you empty the trash and say update server now. . . . . . .
  5.    #5  
    Perry, I'd try your idea but am afraid that deleting/adding the accounts will count towards my 8 and lock me out again because of the Versamail/Mac problem. I can't do the hard reset route again because I've added a bunch of stuff to the databases over the past few days.

Snapper appears to be working perfectly, and I even fixed my biggest beef with it. I want the 2 line view on the inbox, but smaller fonts in the message view without having to hit the icon in the bottom right. After poking around I found that I could pick a smaller font in the message view and now it does what I want.
    I only have 6 accounts set up in my VersaMail ON MY TREO, so whether that would be an issue, I am not sure. I think it is just the VersaMail cannot set up more than 8 -- so if you have 8 and delete one -- you now have 7 and should be able to re-create it , but it sounds like you are happy with Snapper.

Cheers, Perry.