1.    #1  
    So I ordered my Treo 680 online from Cingular as an upgrade. However, when I received the phone it came with a "3G" SIM card. I already have a SIM in my current Blackberry that I just want to use in the Treo 680. Is there a reason I should use the new one? I'm a little confused since they know it's an upgrade, why do I need a new SIM? I'm confused, can someone help?! Thanks.
    If you want to use your existing number and account then put in your current SIM. If you want to use the new phone number / account that they've just created for you use the SIM that came with the 680.

Dunc
  3.    #3  
    But I didn't create a new number or account, it's just a phone upgrade. Will I still get the upgraded plan to switched to (only Voice---> Unlimited PDA Plan) with my current SIM?
    I thought you needed the new sim card if you wanted the to use 3g
    Quote Originally Posted by SmithBryanJ View Post
    So I ordered my Treo 680 online from Cingular as an upgrade. However, when I received the phone it came with a "3G" SIM card. I already have a SIM in my current Blackberry that I just want to use in the Treo 680. Is there a reason I should use the new one? I'm a little confused since they know it's an upgrade, why do I need a new SIM? I'm confused, can someone help?! Thanks.
    If you've already got a 64K SIM, I wouldn't worry about it at all. I got the new "3G" SIM, but continued to use the same 64K SIM I had in my 650 and it works fine.

The 680 doesn't do 3G anyway, only GPRS/EDGE, and I *think* any 64K is ok for 3G.

Your carrier can attach your number to that new SIM if you want them to, just call them up and give them the number off the back of the new SIM card.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Both cards should work, pending that they don't deactivate one of them for you. I have yet to see any noticeable increased speeds with the 3G card, so you should be fine for a bit.
  7.    #7  
    So if I call to activate the new card, then will the old one (my current SIM card at the moment) become a dud? I mean, I guess that's fine, I just want to know what to expect. Also, what about the Contacts and phone numbers on my current card - can I transfer them somehow? Thanks.
    If you activate the new card with the same number you already have (not as an additional line, anyway), then the old one will indeed become a dud. To have all of your numbers and stuff transferred to your new card, go to a T-Mobile store (before having the new card activated) and have them copy everything and activate the new SIM.
    "Yeah, he can talk. It's gettin' him to shut up that's the trick!"
    -Shrek