Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Anyone able to get Outlook 2007 to sync up with the Treo 680? It said that the new office is not compatible... anyone know when Palm will get it to work?
    I wasn't able to get it to work. However, Chapura's PocketMirror XT works with the Treo 680 and Office 2007.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I have pocket mirror and it works great with 07
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Pocket Mirror XT will make it work.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Thats just extra software I will need to purchase... uagh
    Yeah, you don't have to tell me how frustrating this is. For releasing a product so close to the release of Office 2007 (which has already RTM'ed), Palm should have been a bit more forward thinking. It irks me even more since I work at Microsoft and I'm still a Palm loyalist.

At least Chapura designed their software with future versions in mind. PocketMirror even worked on internal beta builds!
    Isn't the Outlook sync software included with Palm products basically provided by Chapura? One would think they would have taken the trouble to get the latest from Chapura considering the proximity of the release of the Treo680 with that of Outlook 2007. There is another thing I have been wondering about, with Vista already RTM'ed is the Palm Hotsync software compatible with Vista or not? I seriously doubt it going by Palm's past record.
    The Outlook Sync included with recent devices is not from Chapura. Palm is working on Vista compatible hotsync/desktop which is presently in testing, perhaps available when the consumer Version of Vista is available.
    I agree it is frustrating that Palm doesn't support the current release of the world's most popular office suite. Office 2007 was in beta for so long that Palm really have no excuse for their lack of support except for lack of planning. To make it worse, Palm leave us completely in the dark on the subject.

I'm sure Chapura works but frankly I'm sick of throwing money at every problem on my Treo. By the time I paid for an email client that works, a voicemail decoder and a bunch of other Palm OS apps I'm already a couple of hundred bucks in the hole on what is essentially a dead platform.

It's frustrations like this that makes me look more and more at the Microsoft powered devices. I have to imagine they will work fine with Office 2007 and Vista, whereas Palm seems to have stalled completely on any software development. I don't see any chance of Palm supporting Vista in the near future. I've been running the released version for a couple of weeks and at some point will have to ditch my PalmOS functionality entirely, probably for the Cingular 8525.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I hope PALM will have it before February...

http://www.palm.com/us/support/windowsvista/index.html

and I hope PALM can make seamless integration with with Windows Calendar..
    dominus vobiscum
    It was my understanding that not only Palm, but many companies who plug into Office 07 have had issues with supporting programs because of the MS side of things, not their own.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Antoine of MMM View Post
    It was my understanding that not only Palm, but many companies who plug into Office 07 have had issues with supporting programs because of the MS side of things, not their own.
    Not sure on this, my feeling is why companies didn't step up early. Microsoft had Office 2007 out in beta for months. Docs To Go has said they have no short term plans to support office 2007. They came out with a new version nearly 3 months ago. They new about the beta and choose not to even support it. Talk about weird.
    It is weird, but I noticed a large number of companies staying away from Office 07 because of more than just the UI changes. I am sure that all have had their reasons.

Personally speaking, this would be a great time for QuickOffice, DTG and others to step up and support other document formats via both creation and syncing. That would broaden their markets and in some respects lessen the dependence on MS only solutions.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Quote Originally Posted by spinteews View Post
    Thats just extra software I will need to purchase... uagh

If Microsoft out of the box didn't support it's own Zune product to work with Vista - what makes you think that Palm should have to work through the maze to sync to Outlook 2007.

Personally, there are so many reports (here at TreoCentral) about OLERR errors and the Palm conduits - I don't think they'll ever get it right. And when you look at one of the most common fixes, installing Chapura conduits, then you'll understand why Pocket Mirror Pro XT is installed on everyone of my HotSync manager products - before my first sync to a new device.

Palm is not in the software conduit business. They make no money from it - therefore why should they support it. They prefer to leave it to Chapura - but they stopped paying a liscense to Chapura with the advent of the T3 no well over 3 years ago..........
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    All I know is that my company had software insurance and got Office 2007 for free, so our entire company switched. My sales force has about 20 treos and we are all having problems. But we switched to QuickOffice and PocketMirror and now things are working better. But not great.
    Here we are well into January and Palm is still sitting on their hands.

I suspect all those third party devs realize PalmOS is doomed after the launch of the iPhone. I sure as hell won't be spending more money on Chapura or anything similar once I ditch this Treo...
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Many will decide the palm route looks like a dead end if this continues for long. Treo sales (700p) will drop if it won't work with office 2007.

You would think there is reason for palm to update the sync software to work. My office upgraded to office 2007 and now I can't sync. arrr!
    Anyone know if this has been fixed yet?
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I sync Outlook 2007 with both a Treo 680 and a Treo 650 on a daily basis. Palm released an updater recently to make them compatible:
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...007update.html
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast