Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    I posted this tip a while ago, but I thought that since the Treo 680 doesn't have a reset hole, it would be worth reposting this in the Treo 680 hardware forum. You can reset your Treo using an SD card. (Finally, a use for those 16mb SD cards that digital cameras come with.) Just substitute 650 with 680...

--Bill

----------------

I've finally figured out how to reset my Treo 650 (from many, but not all freezes) without removing the Treo's battery cover. You can reset your Treo 650 with just an SD card. Here's how:

The SD card needs two programs on it:

1. mreset (http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/mreset.shtml)

2. startup (http://palmgear.com/index.cfm?fuseac...&prodID=105008)

Mreset is a free program that reboots your Treo. Startup is a $2 program, available at PalmGear, which will let you run any program automatically when you put that SD card in your Treo 650.

Copy both programs to the /Palm/Launcher folder. (Don't use the Palm installer.) Set startup to launch mreset automatically. Then all you need to do is pop in that SD card and chances are very high that your Treo 650 will reboot. Best I can tell, startup does not work in the demo mode, so you have to sacrifice $2 to test this on your own Treo 650.

--Bill
    I do not know if LookAtMe works on Treo 680 but it is free and you can use it to schedule mReset.
    BTW you can run mReset without the SD card.
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    mReset runs without an SD card. But if your Treo is frozen you won't be able to run mReset.

By putting mReset on an SD card with Startup, the Treo will "look" at the SD card even if it's frozen, and then it will reset. In other words, even with a frozen Treo, if you set mReset to run automatically when the SD card is put in the Treo, that may automatically reset your Treo.

There's always taking out the battery. But I find putting in an SD card faster and easier.