Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I installed Ringo and everything works fine except when I get text messages, it would reset my 680. Now i had the same problem with my 650 but never really thought about it (thinking the 680 would fix it). Any one else experiencing this? This kinda sucks. When i have my phone on silent, it won't reset when I get messages, but when i leave it on tone, it would reset and its only with text messages...

anyone know what to do
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    what are you playing when it happens, try a different type of file...
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I've tried the factory tones for messages, no go, I tried a mp3 ring for messges, no go, and I tried default and silent, it alwasys reset my phone when I have the sound on for messages incoming. When I switch it to the HARD MUTE button on top, it seems to be fine.... sigh
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    My 680 doesn't reset, but often when I get an SMS it will play the tone set on the Treo instead of the one I set in Ringo. Doesn't happen with phone calls, just SMS.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    crap, what i'm I doing wrong with my Ringo to make this happen. sms with sound on just does soft resets on my phone all day long...
    It not that you are doing something wrong, it's that Ringo has bugs. That's the reason I don't use third-party ring managers, I've yet to try one that didn't sacrifice stability to some amount. The 700p was a reasonable middle ground in that you could get AAC ringtones to work on it. But although the manual say you can do it, I cannot get the 680 to recognize an AAC ringtone. Only works with midi and wave files less than 200k. If you don't use midi however the escalate ringtone and vibrate before ring options don't work right.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    having the same problem, except I deleted ringo, and the problem seems to have remained. It did not happen before ringo. I must be missing something....
    Visor Deluxe (Ice), Platinum (Black), Prism w/ Visor Fone, treo 270, treo 600, Unlocked GSM Pa1mOne branded treo 650, Palm branded Unlocked treo 680 (graphite), UBiQUiO 503g, & now HTC TyTNII TMO