I have had a Treo650 for a little over a year. Within the last month, I noticed that when I was in the calender and did any activity such as create a new appointment or even just double-check the details of a current appointment, when I tried to flip through the days by pressing 'right,' it would skip a day. Then I noticed it in the camera, pressing 'right' once after taking a picture skipped the garbage icon and jumped to the envelope icon. Also, about the same time, in Splashmoney when creating a new transaction, pressing the center button while highlighting the category I wanted did not select it, I had to press 'left' to have it select that one.

Now here is the really odd part -
    I figured the phone was just getting old from lots of use, so I was excited to learn I was getting a Treo680 for my birthday. Last night I synced for the first time, and the problem has transported itself to my brand new phone! Anybody else experience this (slight) annoyance? I can't really complain as it is still fully functional, but I am baffled at what has caused this to start. Thanks in advance!
    Sounds like you need to do a CLEAN INSTALL. The fact the problem transferred indicates a software corruption vs. a hardware problem. (By syncing to your prior userid -- the software corruption that was causing the issue on the 650, probably came over to the 680.)

Review the following instructions , provided in the link below. As you have already synced the 680 to your prior userid -- just do a last hot sync to capture all un-synced data you may have added since your last sync. EDIT: Hard Reset it . . . . . .

Then start with the "rename your backup folder. . ." part of the instructions.

This process will give you a clean and happy 680. It will be happy. You will be happy.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=129942

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 12/08/2006 at 05:56 AM.
    Darn it, I was so anxious to try this out... I did just now, and nothing has changed. Same problems. I just want everyone to be happy! Any other suggestions?

Edit: I just tried it again, only this time I included step 2, the hard reset. Everything seems to be working fine! Now I will spend an hour or two installing all the programs I want back... Thanks Perry!
    Last edited by cena; 12/08/2006 at 12:15 AM. Reason: spoke too soon
    Quote Originally Posted by cena View Post
    Darn it, I was so anxious to try this out... I did just now, and nothing has changed. Same problems. I just want everyone to be happy! Any other suggestions?

Edit: I just tried it again, only this time I included step 2, the hard reset. Everything seems to be working fine! Now I will spend an hour or two installing all the programs I want back... Thanks Perry!

My bad. Sorry I skipped the hard reset part by directing you right to the rename backup folder part. I'm glad that you figured it out in spite of my mis-direction. BTW -- If you did not install the 680 desktop -- you should -- and you can do that right over the top of the existing 650 desktop.

A clean install will probably fix your 650, as well. You cannot sync two devices to the same userid on the same PC -- so you will have to hard reset it -- and then give it a new userid if you are passing it down to someone in the household. If you are selling it -- a hard reset will clear your information off of it. However - security experts would probably recommend the zero-out reset to make it spy proof clean.

http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...,case=obj(887)

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 12/08/2006 at 05:55 AM.