1.    #1  
    Both use the same battery but the battery life in the 750v is MUCH better--alomost 2x as much when the 750v is conencted via GSM and 50% more when connected by UMTS. This when both are permanent active data connections (Goodlink and Chatteremail for the 680 and Flexmail fo rthe 750v). Any thoughts why the large disparity. I've tried switching batteries and it is not the battery--just the device. The 680 is the most power inefficint GSM phone I've seen. It reminds me of my original anallog StarTAC with the slim battery!
    Help is on the way. Seidio will release the extended batteries soon !
    I hope so I am so dissapointed in the battery life
    Part of it I think is that WM5 seems to be more efficient sometimes. On the 680 and the 700p it acts like there's some background process that is draining things.

I've love to see extended batteries from seidio, but to be honest anything needing a new battery cover and a hump is an absolute no go for me.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    I've love to see extended batteries from seidio, but to be honest anything needing a new battery cover and a hump is an absolute no go for me.
    This is a dealbreaker for me as well. I would rather have 2 spare standard batteries than the "hump? what hump?"
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
    The "extended" battery being released for the 700p is too think to fit in the standard battery cover. There is new battery cover which has a hump to fit the larger battery effectively making the Treo thicker. For me this is not acceptable, others might not care.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    Part of it I think is that WM5 seems to be more efficient sometimes. On the 680 and the 700p it acts like there's some background process that is draining things.
    Bingo! I always felt that was happening on my 700p. The 700p's same capacity battery did not hold up as well as my 1.5 year old 650. And my 650 didn't stutter while playing MP3s while I wasn't even doing anything on it (even though they've seemed to alleviate this on the 680?).