1.    #1  
    Anyone tried BuzzOff Version 1.5 on their Treo 700p ?

I'm using the trial version downloaded from TreoCentral, and it only works partially for me.

The app will in fact block callers not in my Contacts DB, if enabled to do so.

However, it will NOT block callers that I want blocked who are in my Filter Setup. Why? Am I doing something wrong, or does this app not correctly?

Thanks, Casey
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    call shield from mantra works great
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
  3.    #3  
    Does Call Shield work correctly for the 700p? I might be confusing this with another app. Thanks, CC.
    Casey
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung View Post
    Does Call Shield work correctly for the 700p? I might be confusing this with another app. Thanks, CC.

Call Shield works as billed on my Sprint 700P. My only complaint, and it is a big one, is that Call Shield interferes with the call waiting screen when a second call comes in. The call waiting screen only shows for maybe two seconds and then it's gone. No way to see who is calling or to switch to the second line.

Disable Call Shield and all is well again. Mantra wouldn't even acknowledge the problem for several months and now they say they are waiting on Palm.
  5.    #5  
    I downloaded CallShield Beta 2.7 from this URL:

http://mantragroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221

And immediately noticed 2 big problems:

1) After entering a phone number to block, and then tapping on the name to try to edit, my Sprint Treo 700p immediately goes into a soft reset. This has happened consistently.

2) More importantly, I tested to see if CallShield would block a call, but this did not work at all. My phone still rang, even though I entered the setting to block the call for a particular number.

I don't know how you guys got the app to work, but for me, it simply did not.

Deleting the app now as I type this!
    Casey
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung View Post
    Anyone tried BuzzOff Version 1.5 on their Treo 700p ?

However, it will NOT block callers that I want blocked who are in my Filter Setup. Why? Am I doing something wrong, or does this app not correctly?

Thanks, Casey
    It works fine on my Treo 650 BUT:
    #After edit the filter I must DISable BuzzOff
    #Leave BuzzOff
    #Launch BuzzOff
    #Enable BuzzOff
    #Leave again BuzzOff

Then filter works fine. Otherwise it does not work all the time...
    If it's Toysoft, chances are it won't work 100%. I finally deleted ALL my Toysoft apps(and I've had a lot), and my 700p has gotten faster and no more resets. Don't get me wrong, Toysoft has some good ideas, but can't get them right, and they just blame other apps for it.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    If it's Toysoft, chances are it won't work 100%. I finally deleted ALL my Toysoft apps(and I've had a lot), and my 700p has gotten faster and no more resets. Don't get me wrong, Toysoft has some good ideas, but can't get them right, and they just blame other apps for it.
    Hey

Most, if not all the Toysoft applications run in the hede (background) and slow the Palm OS down. This can add up to a heap of slow down if you have a number of their apps installed.

That's why I stay away from their software. I have tried a lot of their stuff, but if it runs in the hede, I don't need it.