Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi there....first post for me. About to 'upgrade' from the 650 but I need to know if Vindigo will work on it before I do so. I anyone knows that will be great.
    Thanks for your help.
    I just purchased and downloaded it this week and it loaded and operates just fine.
  3.    #3  
    perfect thanks.
    Has anyone heard about any development happening for Vindigo? The crappy low-rez interface needs to be updated, at the least, and would only take the developer a day to implement.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    the lowres is lame...what's even lamer is that it doesn't support 5 way nav bottom - I asked about this to them and they simply ignored my question..

slowly -im thinking of getting rid of this soon if they dont udpate their screen soon - last upadte was May 2005
    Getting rid of it and moving to what? There's no real good alternative, unfortunately. It gets about as much updating as Palm OS does these days
    I read somewhere that the vindigo app won't be updated for Palm OS any more. Just the city data.

It ran fine on my old 600, runs fine on the new 680.
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    It's a great app, but in much need of an upgrade. Also, their city content could use some tweaking too i.e. adding hotels and other info. One app you might want to consider adding is Google Maps. While you can't save favorites, it will show you where you are and help you find local business, actually it will show you a lot more content than Vindigo will, it just won't let you save your findings. Google is constantly updating their sw though so this might be a feature they add at some point. Maybe if enough people write Google they might come up with their own "version" of Vindigo! Are there any programmers out there that can make a replacement GUI for Vindigo?
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    Quote Originally Posted by randyg View Post
    It's a great app, but in much need of an upgrade. Also, their city content could use some tweaking too i.e. adding hotels and other info. One app you might want to consider adding is Google Maps. While you can't save favorites, it will show you where you are and help you find local business, actually it will show you a lot more content than Vindigo will, it just won't let you save your findings. Google is constantly updating their sw though so this might be a feature they add at some point. Maybe if enough people write Google they might come up with their own "version" of Vindigo! Are there any programmers out there that can make a replacement GUI for Vindigo?
    I don't think writhing them is going to be necessary. from my understanding, a product like this from Google is not too far off. They have Maps, the Java Mail app (not working well on 680 now but will), and they wre working fast an furious on am intgrated mobile app that will make Vindigo look more antiquated than it already is. If I can get more information on this, I will share it as soon as I get it.
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    I hope you're right MattM2G! I'm waiting with baited breaths to hear more. It would also be nice if that app doesn't store all it's info on the Treo. If anybody can do it it's Google.
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    I noticed today that I can no longer dial directly from Vindigo
    vindigo works fine.
    I've been using vindigo since 600, then upgraded to 650, now it's on my 680 and working fine.
    PalmV-PalmM500-Treo180-Treo600-Treo650-Treo680
    Quote Originally Posted by sinebubble View Post
    I noticed today that I can no longer dial directly from Vindigo
    I have the same problem. Did you get any answer to your question yet? If/when you do, would you please email me?
    In the meantime, I'll keep looking for answers and I'll email you if I get something...
    I just heard from Vindigo -- although the general app works fine, the part where you can auto-dial from the listing doesn't work. They tell me at Vindigo that they're "working on it". Hmmm...
    Wow, you received a response from Vindigo? I didn't think anyone was actually working there anymore...
    New Fix!!! For Vindingo... with the Treo 680 you are not able to dial phone numbers directly out of Vindigo - there is a utlility that is free and comes with the TakephOne application called Outcall. Right now you have to get it as a part of the stuffed archive for TakephOne 6.0 (7.0 is for the 680, but it doesn't have the folder with the extra apps).

After installing and running Outcall (which is located in the Perfs app) I then went to Vindigo and the numbers were click to dial. Woo Hoo!
    I don't observe this, sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by erikaf View Post
    ... there is a utlility that is free and comes with the TakephOne application ... Woo Hoo!
    Just a second, George Bailey, is it free or is it not? Do you have to pay money ($$$) to get TakephOne in order to get this "free" utility? Or can you get the "free" utility alone? Is it free or is it...not?
    Quote Originally Posted by MattM2G View Post
    I don't think writhing them is going to be necessary. from my understanding, a product like this from Google is not too far off. They have Maps, the Java Mail app (not working well on 680 now but will), and they wre working fast an furious on am intgrated mobile app that will make Vindigo look more antiquated than it already is. If I can get more information on this, I will share it as soon as I get it.

Man, I hope somebody comes out with an alternative to Vindigo! Although I think it's a good app, and have been using it for several years, it's getting a bit long in the tooth.

The only other comparable app out there is Zagat's program which IMO is sub par.....
    mdavis, you can download the package for free and the Outcall app is included and is free. It does install. However, it did not give me the ability to tap and dial phone numbers within Vindigo. No problem as we're all waiting for something to replace Vindigo anyways. Just like for Palm, treading water does not create loyal customers on a long enough time line....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast