Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1.    #1  
    Well, it's been a few days now with my new 680, and I love this thing! It does SOOO much more than my 600 did! I can now listen to XM radio live on it! It surfs the web so much faster! The form factor is great! I've discovered a few "shortcuts" that make it even better! So far, the battery life is tolerable, but I'm still breaking it in. I will definitely go for the Seidio battery that does not change the form factor. One more thing - the ring is LOUD! In fact, it is so loud that I have to mute it so it doesn't bother other people! Yes - I could turn it down, but on the streets of NYC, you want to hear it ring! So far, a very happy camper. Oh - did I mention the keyboard? Lots better than the 600! Also - set the side button to get to the web quickly!
  2. #2  
    Yeah, but the battery life... It sucks!
  3. sda
    sda is offline
    sda's Avatar
    Posts
    89 Posts
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew-NYC View Post
    I can now listen to XM radio live on it!
    How are you getting XM?
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew-NYC View Post
    Well, it's been a few days now with my new 680, and I love this thing! It does SOOO much more than my 600 did! I can now listen to XM radio live on it! It surfs the web so much faster! The form factor is great! I've discovered a few "shortcuts" that make it even better! So far, the battery life is tolerable, but I'm still breaking it in. I will definitely go for the Seidio battery that does not change the form factor. One more thing - the ring is LOUD! In fact, it is so loud that I have to mute it so it doesn't bother other people! Yes - I could turn it down, but on the streets of NYC, you want to hear it ring! So far, a very happy camper. Oh - did I mention the keyboard? Lots better than the 600! Also - set the side button to get to the web quickly!
    Glad you are feeling the same as many of us!!! BTW, what method are you using for listening to XM Live? I am curious as to what is the best way to stream Live audio, since with my 650 and Goodlink, I never had the memory to do this effectively in the past, so I am looink forward to being able to do this now!!!
    Rewards Network

    Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

    Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

    Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
  5.    #5  
    If you are an XM subscriber, go to mobile.musicdock.com/SR/MOBILE on your Treo and it will ask for your e-mail and password (from XM). Once you do that, you will have a choice of tons of XM channels! As both an XM and Sirius subscriber, I wish Sirius had this too! This would NOT work on the 600, but it plays beautifully on the 680!
  6. #6  
    Andrew-NYC,

    Glad to hear you are loving the 680. It is a GREAT phone. Yes, battery life is not the greatest BUT I was able to place the 650 battery in the 680 as someone else posted and it increases the life SOOOOOO much more time. Enjoy your 680!!
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
  7. #7  
    Andrew-NYC,

    Hmm, I am also a XM subcriber and I will have to give that a try. Thanks for the info!!
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
  8.    #8  
    No problem. Let's just hope that "extended" battery from Seidio (or whomever) comes out soon!
  9. #9  
    I agree.....
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
  10. JRoD_E's Avatar
    Posts
    81 Posts
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    #10  
    Glad to see you are enjoying the 680. I'm in love with it!
  11. #11  
    I'm new to this forum and a treo virgin. I have used tungsten c before and just changed from a ipaq (wm) to a treo 680, I love this thing it's awesome. I have to say the call clarity on my 680 compared to a razr 3 I normally use is like night and day the treo is crystal clear compared to the razr.
  12. MED
    MED is offline
    MED's Avatar
    Posts
    29 Posts
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew-NYC View Post
    If you are an XM subscriber, go to mobile.musicdock.com/SR/MOBILE on your Treo and it will ask for your e-mail and password (from XM).
    Cool. XM works for me too.
  13. #13  
    I LOVE MY 680,I LOVE MY 680,I LOVE MY 680,I LOVE MY 680,I LOVE MY 680,I LOVE MY 680,I LOVE MY 680,I LOVE MY 680,I LOVE MY 680,I LOVE MY 680,I LOVE MY 680,I LOVE MY 680,I LOVE MY 680,I LOVE MY 680,I LOVE MY 680,I LOVE MY 680,I LOVE MY 680,I LOVE MY 680,I LOVE MY 680,I LOVE MY 680,

    I can finally stream XM..................................
    Visor Deluxe (Ice), Platinum (Black), Prism w/ Visor Fone, treo 270, treo 600, Unlocked GSM Pa1mOne branded treo 650, Palm branded Unlocked treo 680 (graphite), UBiQUiO 503g, & now HTC TyTNII TMO

Posting Permissions