1.    #1  
    I've just started using Verichat with my Treo 680 and it seems to behave differently than it did on the 650 in that it requires me to enter in an SMS address to stay in "always-on" mode. There is an option on my 650 that says "Use Data Connection". This option is not on my 680. Has anyone else noticed this?

I'm having a devil of a time getting IMs when my phone is powered off. With the obvious battery issues on the 680, I refuse to leave it on just so I can get my IMs real-time. I guess the ultimate question is - how do I configure Verichat so that I will receive my IMs as soon as the sender sends them, and not when I turn the Treo back on?
    this was discussed in the treo general chat forum. you will need a file that lets verichat identify the 680 as a 650.

the link is in the other thread.

see message 51 here: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=130016&page=2
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  3.    #3  
    Deleted the two Verichat files after warm reset. Installed the patched version from the link above. Works good as new.
    now if i could only remember my license code..
    m100 Zire 72 Treo 650 Treo 680
    Ooooh good info, will definitely be working on this! Thanks.

I got an answer on my license code from them in a matter of hours with the online assistance thing on their site. I had lost mine as well, but this time emailed it to myself LOL!
    I'm a chick who enjoys the finer things in life
    How do I warm reset?
    Sorry for the noobish question X_X

Edit: Nevermind. I downloaded a program called Soft Reset from PalmGear (google searched). I held up when doing the soft reset. All is good now, this works great. =)
    Last edited by Syphon; 12/07/2006 at 07:43 PM.
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Okay - so here's my question - I haven't used Verichat in a very long time because it was causing trouble on my 650 with Chatter loaded. I was going to try it again, but now I see that it is no longer being sold/supported. Is it even worth trying to find someone to send me a verichat.prc (since I can't find it!!) to try this with, or will the servers go away soon too?

Thanks.

Danita
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Danitaz View Post
    Is it even worth trying to find someone to send me a verichat.prc (since I can't find it!!) to try this with, or will the servers go away soon too?
    I found the other instructions about this and have downloaded the verichat.runslike650.prc - will see what happens!

Danita