Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Over the last year, I bought a whole load of software for my Treo 650 ( I calculated that I'd spent USD $741.05 in total) but I've now upgraded to a Treo 750v (WM5).

OF course some software I can change to get a license for WM5 but I'm wondering about the Palm software that I can't do anything with.

Can I sell this software or do I have to accept this as a loss (or even potentially move back and get a Palm 680)? Anybody have any advice?
    WOW that's a lot of software.
    assuming youve bought most of your softward online and downloaded them, arent the registration codes specifically to your user name?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    assuming youve bought most of your softward online and downloaded them, arent the registration codes specifically to your user name?
    This is true . . . most Palm OS software is registered by entering an activation code that is more often than not linked to the hotsync user name. Whether or not the End User License Agreement (EULA) is legal or inforceable remains in debate. Most of them however prohibit the transfer of ownership by sale.

So between the legality/morality issue, dealing with the buyer not being happy with having to convert to your hotsync user name, or going back to the developer for a new activation code, you have to ask yourself, "is it worth it?"
    Lord, who will we go to? You have the words of eternal life. Jn 6:68 <><
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    There is a program that will allow you to run the Palm OS software on the WM5 device. It might keep you from spending another load of cash ...

I can't recall the name of the program, but someone here knows it.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by mg48 View Post
    There is a program that will allow you to run the Palm OS software on the WM5 device. It might keep you from spending another load of cash ...

I can't recall the name of the program, but someone here knows it.
    It's called StyleTap and I've heard pretty good things about it actually. Not perfect with all apps, but better than you would think.
    Lord, who will we go to? You have the words of eternal life. Jn 6:68 <><
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p