Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    Basically trying to uninstall everything that has to do with verichat. when i try to delete the program, no problem. then i try to manually delete verichatauxapp, verichatexhangelibrary, verichatfbagent, verichatftagent, and verichatutils with that program splash page, it says:

"Unable to delete _________"

What gives? Suggestions?

Thanks!
    Sprint Treo 755p (ex-650) user and loving it.
    1.04-SPNT
    Just use Filez, that always works
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    i deleted everything i could find with the verichat in it. but then i reinstall another verichat prc, the registration ID is still there. how do i clear that? is there another file i'm missing?
    1.04-SPNT
    Ike, you can't just delete the program and re-install it and get another trial period.

Otherwise, the stock Palm Launcher would be able to uninstall Verichat. Shut it down, of course, then go into the Delete menu and it should work.
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    wow. i straight up searched for any verichat labeled items on my c:. then i hard reset and rebooted the treo.

still there!
    1.04-SPNT
    The registration info gets stored as a saved preference in the saved preferences database. If the preference is saved using a different creator ID than the creator ID for the program file, the default palm launcher will not delete the preference. Think about it, if a quink delete and sync would get you around the trial period, what would be the point of a trial period...
    Quote Originally Posted by robbalazs View Post
    The registration info gets stored as a saved preference in the saved preferences database. If the preference is saved using a different creator ID than the creator ID for the program file, the default palm launcher will not delete the preference. Think about it, if a quink delete and sync would get you around the trial period, what would be the point of a trial period...
    There are some programs that you can get away with that, but VeriChat isn't one. When I first installed it, I tried it as I rarely used it and ran out of time to really evaluate it.. After finally getting motivated and used it, I bought it. Now it's dead. Meh.