Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1.    #1  
    I just upgraded from the 650 to the 700p. The reason I switched was because I broke the 650 after I disloged it from the Seidio holster. While I really like the holster, I'm not willing to risk the 700 in the same manner. I'm looking for something that will hold the Treo more securely but still give quick access. I would like a case that allows me to maintain the Treo in it's naked state, I don't like a case that is always on the unit. I tested out the Palm leather case with the magnetic closure. It's the right idea but a bit too bulky. Is there a similar case with a smaller profile? What options do I have?

    Thanks,
    Mike
  2. #2  
    I just got this one: Seidio Shield 2 Holster see http://store.treocentral.com/content.../4-24--635.htm

    Is that the one you had? This has a spring clip at the top holding the Treo in. Seems pretty secure, but too soon to tell. I usually carry my Treo in my shirt or jacket pocket "naked." But sometimes I like to use the holster but as you prefer no skin or other case.
  3. tarny's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    #3  
    This is the case I have, and I've been very pleased (It's basically a P6 knock-off):

    http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-PREMIUM-LEAT...QQcmdZViewItem


    I also previously tried the Palm Leather case, but I too found it too bulky and heavy (even though it was well constructed).

    The above Ebay case is thinner and lighter (but there is no room for anything other than the Treo).
  4. Bopper's Avatar
    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    #4  
    Krusell horizontic plus s-wide with the snappable belt loops . My 700p fits beautifully in the Krusell while wearing the rubber palm skin that covers all the buttons. I am amazed that there was no loss of functionality with the skin on. Obviously it did not come with the hole in the back for the siedio battery cover so i just poked a hole through the skin with a paperclip and the sylus just slides in when needed.
  5. SMEGGIE's Avatar
    Posts
    416 Posts
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by kazinvan View Post
    I just upgraded from the 650 to the 700p. The reason I switched was because I broke the 650 after I disloged it from the Seidio holster. While I really like the holster, I'm not willing to risk the 700 in the same manner. I'm looking for something that will hold the Treo more securely but still give quick access. I would like a case that allows me to maintain the Treo in it's naked state, I don't like a case that is always on the unit. I tested out the Palm leather case with the magnetic closure. It's the right idea but a bit too bulky. Is there a similar case with a smaller profile? What options do I have?

    Thanks,
    Mike
    I had one of these and snapped it in two when my once-protruding antenna got snagged on a doorway. I now have the Helix Holster (2) and they are absolutely bulletproof!!

    I also have a Krusell Multi-adapt Case for business use.


    SMEGGIE
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by dougef View Post
    I just got this one: Seidio Shield 2 Holster see http://store.treocentral.com/content.../4-24--635.htm

    Is that the one you had? This has a spring clip at the top holding the Treo in. Seems pretty secure, but too soon to tell. I usually carry my Treo in my shirt or jacket pocket "naked." But sometimes I like to use the holster but as you prefer no skin or other case.
    No, I had the other holster from Seidio which is very similar. The top hook on yours looks a little bigger. The main problem is the antenna sticks out, and that is what I snagged with my shirt cuff on more than one occasion. Finally the fall killed the Treo.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by SMEGGIE View Post
    I had one of these and snapped it in two when my once-protruding antenna got snagged on a doorway. I now have the Helix Holster (2) and they are absolutely bulletproof!!

    I also have a Krusell Multi-adapt Case for business use.

    SMEGGIE
    I did the same thing, except with mine I ripped the belt clip right off the holster so it wasn't much good after that.

    I'll have a look at the Helix, thanks.

    Mike

Posting Permissions